Contribute
Register

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i7-2700K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i5-2500K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Well not quite perfect.

I noticed that auto-sleep is not working. Display turns off, but not the mobo and fans. Still can force sleep from the Apple menu and can wake for that sleep.

Stork, does auto-sleep work on your build?
Yes, the last time I tried it. Since Son-of-Zorro (and Zorro) is one of 4 computers connected to my KVM switch, I rarely manually sleep my systems. However, the last time I checked in a stand alone mode, when I updated to 10.8.4, sleep/wake-up worked all modes with "darkwake=0". However, when 10.8.5 is released, I will check it with & without darkwake defined.

Stork's Son-of-Zorro Build: Core i5-2500K - GA-Z68X-UD3H - HD 6850

Updated successfully to 10.8.5. I recommend the Combo update instead of the store incremental update. My procedure is to
  1. Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
  2. Backup your current system with Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  3. If you're using the "USB 3 - Universal" (Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext), remove it from S/L/E folder**;
  4. Run the Combo Update - don't reboot yet;
  5. Run MultiBeast to reload only the audio driver;
    67038-multibeast-audio-update-zorro.png
  6. Download the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and install using Kext Utility (this will not be necessary once MultiBeast is updated);
  7. Repair Permissions again;* and
  8. Reboot

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

** Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI.kext has been reported to cause Kernel Panels on some motherboards after the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well not quite perfect.

I noticed that auto-sleep is not working. Display turns off, but not the mobo and fans. Still can force sleep from the Apple menu and can wake for that sleep.

Stork, does auto-sleep work on your build?
Hey Teacmac did your Autosleep worked under 10.8.4?
i have the same issue, Stork recommend me to remove Darkwake=0.
i did it, my build goes to sleep, but when it wakes i have no monitor under any port.
and with Darkwake =0 fans keep spinning but my screen sleeps just fine.
regards wolf
gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
pny Nvidia gt 640
tonymac database DTST
intel 3570

Hey Teacmac did your Autosleep worked under 10.8.4?
i have the same issue, Stork recommend me to remove Darkwake=0.
i did it, my build goes to sleep, but when it wakes i have no monitor under any port.
and with Darkwake =0 fans keep spinning but my screen sleeps just fine.
regards wolf
gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
pny Nvidia gt 640
tonymac database DTST
intel 3570
darkwake=10 seem to work better, at least i can manually sleep my hack and wake it from button and keyboard, irregular auto sleep .
any thoughts about darkwake =8?

Guys, make sure you state your BT USB dongle make & model in your posts as different makes/models react to sleep/wake-up differently. TIA.

Guys, make sure you state your BT USB dongle make & model in your posts as different makes/models react to sleep/wake-up differently. TIA.
http://www.amazon.com/Targus-USB-Bluetooth®-Adapter-ACB10US/dp/B0002K6RK0/
here its mine stork
im not using trackpad or mouse or keyboard yet.
other thing i noticed is that sleep not always work, sometimes just the screen goes to sleep, but at least it returns, and some other times sleep works fine.
also sometimes when ishut down the system it reboots, that didnt happened with dark wake =0, am im missing any nvidia boot flag?? for power management?
thanks a lot stork regards

Try removing "darkwake=0" all together from /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I'm not at Son of Zorro's location at the moment but I'll look when I get back and post what I'm using.

Try removing "darkwake=0" all together from /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I'm not at Son of Zorro's location at the moment but I'll look when I get back and post what I'm using.
Thanks a lot Stork
now the issue got bigger.
after running my build smoothly for months, and kinda solve sleep issue with darkwake=10, without modifying anything i cant get it too sleep or even shutdown, not even in windows.
i restored BIOS to optimised defaults and shut down worked under windows, booted in osx and the issue returned.
any thoughts URGENT¡¡
regards wolf
appreciate all your help during the process

Thanks a lot Stork
now the issue got bigger.
after running my build smoothly for months, and kinda solve sleep issue with darkwake=10, without modifying anything i cant get it too sleep or even shutdown, not even in windows.
i restored BIOS to optimised defaults and shut down worked under windows, booted in osx and the issue returned.
any thoughts URGENT¡¡
regards wolf
appreciate all your help during the process
system definition mac pro 3.1
i already tried to change darkwake string to 0,8,10

I take it you're using BIOS version F12 and the DSDT for F12 from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database.

You might try a full configuration re-load of the MultiBeast drivers. I had to do that on another of my systems because I've only been doing the audio updates from Mountain Lion 10.8.0, and I noticed that a lot of other kexts/drivers had changed since that initial installation. Backup first, though. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back