Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

hello, it might be offtopic by I dare to ask anyhow. :)
I have same hw setup as Stork, running macos 10.14.6 with latest update and kext (moved under clover).
Everything is running fine including audio via line out, but I'd like to have displayport audio from my RX580 into my monitor LG 27UD59. Currently in macos speaker menu in topbar I see my monitor as possible audio output but when I select it... no audio. :(
Is there any specific configuration/kext I have to use to make it work?

Anyone upgraded to 10.15.4 yet?
Nope. I'm still on Mojave. I won't upgrade to Catalina because of all the 32bit apps I use. (I'm still in the process of updating/replacing those apps.) I may skip Catalina of it has so many changes from earlier macOS's.

hello, it might be offtopic by I dare to ask anyhow. :)
I have same hw setup as Stork, running macos 10.14.6 with latest update and kext (moved under clover).
Everything is running fine including audio via line out, but I'd like to have displayport audio from my RX580 into my monitor LG 27UD59. Currently in macos speaker menu in topbar I see my monitor as possible audio output but when I select it... no audio. :(
Is there any specific configuration/kext I have to use to make it work?
Open System Preferences > Sound > Output. Post a screen snapshot here for @pastrychef & I to review.

Anyone upgraded to 10.15.4 yet?

I upgraded a couple of days after it came out.

Following the basic rules to update Clover (5107 now) and to update all the basic kext to the most recent versions and obviously after having made a full backup of 10.15.3.
The update went smoothly and even manual disk selection was not necessary, he found the right ones on his own.

I am trying to understand if it is a problem related to the update or to some new program that I have installed (lately I am making several changes), the fact that on many occasions on waking up from sleep there is a crash and a restart with indication of a problem and relationship, which obviously I do not send to Apple because on a Hackintosh, it could also take offense.

Another small problem is that Clover no longer respects the boot disk that I set in config.plist, but stops and waits for it to select it manually, but it could be a problem related to my hardware configuration of the disks that has had changes between 15.3 and 15.4.

All minor issues to which I have not yet paid much attention due to some other commitments.

I only specify that at the moment my configuration is no longer exactly the one presented in this thread, as until recently, but has been upgraded with a 9900K and a VII, but that have worked in a totally compatible way with the previous ones since their installation and first start.

I upgraded a couple of days after it came out.
Following the basic rules to update clover (5107 now) and to update all the basic kext to the most recent versions and obviously after having made a full backup of 10.15.3.
The update went smoothly and even manual disk selection was not necessary, he found the right ones on his own.
I am trying to understand if it is a problem related to the update or to some new program that I have installed (lately I am making several changes), the fact that on many occasions on waking up from sleep there is a crash and a restart with indication of a problem and relationship, which obviously I do not send to Apple because on a Hackintosh, it could also take offense.
Another small problem is that Clover no longer respects the boot disk that I set in config.plist, but stops and waits for it to select it manually, but it could be a problem related to my hardware configuration of the disks that has had changes between 15.3 and 15.4.
All minor issues to which I have not yet paid much attention due to some other commitments.
I only specify that at the moment my configuration is no longer exactly the one presented in this thread, as until recently, but has been upgraded with a 9900K and a VII, but that have worked in a totally compatible way with the previous ones since their installation and first start.

Please post the kernel panic that you are getting when waking from sleep. I suspect that it's the same one that I was experiencing. I was getting a panic related to HDMI audio. I disabled WhateverGreen and haven't see a panic since.

There's no reason why Clover doesn't respect your default drive setting. Double check your config.plist and try clearing NVRAM (press F11 at the Clover boot menu).

9900K and Radeon VII are not problems. I've been using the same for a pretty long time with no issues.

Please post the kernel panic that you are getting when waking from sleep. I suspect that it's the same one that I was experiencing. I was getting a panic related to HDMI audio. I disabled WhateverGreen and haven't see a panic since.

There's no reason why Clover doesn't respect your default drive setting. Double check your config.plist and try clearing NVRAM (press F11 at the Clover boot menu).

9900K and Radeon VII are not problems. I've been using the same for a pretty long time with no issues.

I have tried to make it happen again, but I have not succeeded, for now the sleep and wake up work perfectly.

As usual when you want to solve a problem, the problem hides itself.
I will try to clean the NVRAM, I checked the plist and the indicated disk is the correct one, it has not changed from what it was before the update.

I found a thread where others, after 10.15.4 upgrade, have problems with disc selection on startup, on Catalina's forum, currently on the first page.

As always, thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 23.53.47.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 23.53.47.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 54
Are you sure there is built-in speakers on your monitor?

There are no internal speakers in that model of monitor, the audio output can be taken from the headphone output through a normal stereo audio jack and then it must be sent to amplified speakers or to an audio system.
The volume control in the menu inside the monitor adjusts that level of the audio signal that arrives inside the monitor through the Display Port or HDMI and is converted to go to the headphone jack.
The signal quality is very acceptable.

Back