Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

Followed it to the letter and EVERYTHING works first time with zero fuss. Just don't forget to move the EFI from the installer USB to the startup disc (I did and caused a little bit of a flap).

I also would suggest using the debug installer.... very useful.
Thank you for the response. As kind of a low-level hackintosh guy, I need all the help I can get.

I can't get my machine to acknowledge either the Catalina install USB, or the install package when starting up from another drive (reboot and endless progress bar). I'm not in these forums much, so I've been searching for the solution to no avail.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Folks, I just ran into an issue here, a pretty sad one... my RX580 just died. I've got no idea why, I don't play games nor do I use the computer for any type of graphic intensive work. I'm lost here. The thing is, my mac got stuck in a grey screen this morning and I rebooted. After rebooting I was greeted with a post code 97 from the MB. I read online it might mean the video card is dead. How is that even possible?
In any case, I removed the video card to use the onboard GPU but the mac GUI just won't start. It boots up the partition and I can see it's loading everything, but I think when it tries to load the GPU it fails and the computer reboots.

Any idea on how I can get the on-board GPU to work while I look for another video card?

@Stork

PS. I'm using the computer through a linux USB drive and everything is working fine, it's only macos that can't recognize the on-board GPU.

Thanks

Hi everyone!
Folks, I just ran into an issue here, a pretty sad one... my RX580 just died. I've got no idea why, I don't play games nor do I use the computer for any type of graphic intensive work. I'm lost here. The thing is, my mac got stuck in a grey screen this morning and I rebooted. After rebooting I was greeted with a post code 97 from the MB. I read online it might mean the video card is dead. How is that even possible?
In any case, I removed the video card to use the onboard GPU but the mac GUI just won't start. It boots up the partition and I can see it's loading everything, but I think when it tries to load the GPU it fails and the computer reboots.

Any idea on how I can get the on-board GPU to work while I look for another video card?

@Stork

PS. I'm using the computer through a linux USB drive and everything is working fine, it's only macos that can't recognize the on-board GPU.

Thanks
Have you tried CMOS Reset, after which we need to configure BIOS parameters again?

@CaseySJ I tried resetting a few times, loaded optimized defaults and I still can’t start macOS… please see if the attached image helps. Thanks

Attachments

• 5B376AC9-A778-4D39-8FE4-6C64D4D28C34.jpeg
    5B376AC9-A778-4D39-8FE4-6C64D4D28C34.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 44
Back