Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

I can't believe you were able to read that lol. Yeah, I had a few forums open about the prohibited symbol. I was finally able to find a USB 2 extension cable and put my USB drive in through that and it FINALLY booted normally again. I just wonder why it worked without that the first time and suddenly needs it this time. Anyways, I will now try what you mentioned about copying the EFI from USB to SSD and see how that goes for me. Do you think that will also resolve the Nvidia Web Drivers option not sticking after I select it and reboot? Thanks again

Do you think that will also resolve the Nvidia Web Drivers option not sticking after I select it and reboot?
I cannot predict the future, however problems with the drivers "not sticking" are often caused by the lack of native NVRAM support, in which case it should be emulated.
NVRAM test

I cannot predict the future, however problems with the drivers "not sticking" are often caused by the lack of native NVRAM support, in which case it should be emulated.
NVRAM test
Perfect. Everything you've mentioned so far has gotten the SSD booting all on its own, thank you so much!

As for the Nvidia drivers and NVRAM, I selected the Bootloaders > UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM option in MultiBeast when I ran this the first time, but I'm not sure why it isn't working still. Would you recommend running MultiBeast again and selected that setting once more? Or will that wipe out the new EFI folder settings I just copied over? Thanks

Perfect. Everything you've mentioned so far has gotten the SSD booting all on its own, thank you so much!

As for the Nvidia drivers and NVRAM, I selected the Bootloaders > UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM option in Multibeast when I ran this the first time, but I'm not sure why it isn't working still. Would you recommend running Multibeast again and selected that setting once more? Or will that wipe out the new EFI folder settings I just copied over? Thanks

Native NVRAM works for Z370 if you use AptioMemoryFix.

Uninstall Emulated NVRAM and RC Scripts using:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/clover-emulated-nvram-uninstaller.368/

As for the Nvidia drivers and NVRAM, I selected the Bootloaders > UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM option in Multibeast when I ran this the first time, but I'm not sure why it isn't working still. Would you recommend running Multibeast again and selected that setting once more? Or will that wipe out the new EFI folder settings I just copied over?
I cannot tell from here.

You should run the test and check if you have native NVRAM support first.

In either case you should use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Most people only need :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

Native NVRAM works for Z370 if you use AptioMemoryFix.

Uninstall Emulated NVRAM and RC Scripts using:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/clover-emulated-nvram-uninstaller.368/
Ok I have run this pkg. Would I now rereun Clover Installer and select the AptioMemoryFix?

I am installing the latest Clover v4813 and have these options selected:
Clover for UEFI booting only
Install clover in the ESP
UEFI Drivers: DataHubDxe, FSInject, SMCHelper, VboxHfs, APFSDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix
Install RC Scripts on target volume

Ok I have run this pkg. Would I now rereun Clover Installer and select the AptioMemoryFix?

I am installing the latest Clover v4813 and have these options selected:
Clover for UEFI booting only
Install clover in the ESP
UEFI Drivers: DataHubDxe, FSInject, SMCHelper, VboxHfs, APFSDriverLoader, AptioMemoryFix
Install RC Scripts on target volume

Don't install the RC Scripts. If you've already installed the RC scripts, you will have to run the Emulated NVRAM uninstaller again.

Everything else is fine.

After you boot in to macOS, replace the VboxHfs with HFSPlus. You can get it from:
https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi

Don't install the RC Scripts. If you've already installed the RC scripts, you will have to run the Emulated NVRAM uninstaller again.

Everything else is fine.

After you boot in to macOS, replace the VboxHfs with HFSPlus. You can get it from:
https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi

Ok I rebooted, replaced VboxHFS with the HFSPlus and rebooted again. Now the Nvidia Driver remained selected, great! For some reason though it is still displaying in an ugly fashion as if it is not using the Nvidia drivers and the only resolution available is 1280x1024. Any idea why that would be?

Ok I rebooted, replaced VboxHFS with the HFSPlus and rebooted again. Now the Nvidia Driver remained selected, great! For some reason though it is still displaying in an ugly fashion as if it is not using the Nvidia drivers and the only resolution available is 1280x1024. Any idea why that would be?

What do you mean by ugly fashion?

Make sure you have the correct build of the Nvidia web drivers that match your build of macOS.

In your config.plist, you should NOT be injecting anything in the Graphics section.

What do you mean by ugly fashion?

Make sure you have the correct build of the Nvidia web drivers that match your build of macOS.

In your config.plist, you should NOT be injecting anything in the Graphics section.
Ugly as in everything looks bloated and there is tearing/refresh lines that show up, just like when you first boot before installing nvidia drivers. Yes I have the correct nvidia drivers. In Config.plist inject Intel is set to true, so I will set that to false. I also noticed when I go to the clover boot options when I first boot before selecting my mac os partition, it shows nv_disable=1 is on, does that need to be removed as well? Where would that be permanently changed? Thanks

Back