Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero II Build: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X - i7-8700K - AMD RX 580 - Thunderbolt 3

iBoot is only for installing Snow Leopard on Haswell or older hardware. It can't be used on Skylake or newer hardware. You need a real Mac (2012 or newer) or a Hackintosh running at least Mt. Lion to download Mojave from the App Store.

Oh I didn't know that. So I need to have OS already to download Mojave from the app store? Or is there an alternative to download it somewhere else?

Yep, use UniBeast to create the USB Installer thumb drive and follow Post #448's Second Method to do a fresh install.

Thank you, that was exactly my doubt.

Or is there an alternative to download it somewhere else?

Absolutely no other alternative to download anywhere but the MAS.
People that bypass this rule end up "walking the plank" and it's not a pretty sight.
I guess the + side of that is the sharks are well fed and happy.
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion.

Absolutely no other alternative to download anywhere but the MAS.
People that bypass this rule end up "walking the plank" and it's not a pretty sight.
I guess the + side of that is the sharks are well fed and happy.

Thanks for the clarification, it wasn't my intention to be a "pirate", I genuinely didn't know.

Thanks for the clarification, it wasn't my intention to be a "pirate", I genuinely didn't know.
When I say "Sharks" that refers to those that create modified distros of macOS. If you unknowingly install that distro and use it, the creator may have modified it to have backdoors to your computer. You could be tracked or have personal data stolen, it's just a very bad idea to use something like that. Go direct to the source and download macOS from Apple. Be a part of this community, live long and prosper and enjoy using macOS Mojave with no worries.

Hello, @Stork and everyone reading. I have an issue with my wifi. It doesn't connect to any of my two routers. When I put the wifi password try to connect and then give me the “this wifi need a WPA2 password” message again.

This starting to happen when I change my graphics card from a Nvidia to my new Radeon 580. That was in High Sierra. As I want it to update to Mojave I wait before trying to fix it and I got my internet by sharing with my android phone. Them I did a fresh install to Mojave 10.14.2 with MultiBeast 11.0.1. My surprise was that the problem is still there. I even bought a new wifi card. The same Fenvi card that stork use.

I have to say that when I installed Mojave I follow all the steps in the guide except for what it says in post 448 because I think this was fixed in MultiBeast 11. I’m correct? Another thing I had to do differently was enabling the iGPU Multi-Monitor option on the Bios to be able to open images with Quick look and Preview.

Things I tried to do so far:

-Fresh install of the OS
-Delete the wifi files of /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
-Factory reset and change passwords of both my routers
-Buy a new card (Fenvi FV-T919)
-Change the PCI port and the internal USB port

Apart from this, the system is working very good. If anyone has an idea of what could be the problem I appreciate the help. I give you some screenshots of my system.

View media item 191453View media item 191454View media item 191455View media item 191456

@Stork I think I found the sourse of my problem. I disconnected the graphics card and boot just with the intel graphics. Now wifi is working great connects without a problem, I see much more wifi signals and have a great score in speedtest.
So, this is something with the RX 580. Could be posible that when I connect the card to the PSU, take more power and then the PSU starts to make interferences with the wifi signal? I have a OCZ 700 watt PSU but it could be faulty. Could be anything else?

Last edited:
Hello,

I followed this guide exactly, only difference is I am using a GTX 1080 Ti. I am able to get through the entire install, install MultiBeast and Nvidia web drivers. Then, I reboot and boot from the SSD but it doesn't show the macOS High Sierra install. However, if I boot from the USB drive, it does show the macOS on the SSD. I sort of fixed this by manually putting apfs.efi into the EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFi folder. Once I did that, then I can see the High Sierra install in Clover when booting from SSD. However, if I select the High Sierra from Clover, it shows a black screen and reboots the system. But, I can boot fine still from the install USB.

So essentially it seems something is wrong with Clover on the SSD after completing the install where it is not recognizing apfs partitions and it is not applying the Nvidia web driver even after I select it and restart. Hopefully somebody is able to assist. Thank you!

Update: I wanted to try and just start from scratch, so I wiped the USB drive, reinstalled UniBeast, and then, when I put the USB into my computer and boot from it and I select boot install from install High Sierra, it shows the Apple logo with progress bar. Then, about halfway through, it shows the prohibited symbol. I haven't changed anything from the first time I ran the install, so not sure why the USB is now not even booting to the High Sierra installation menu. I tried moving the USB to a different port, I tried formatting a totally new USB drive and installing UniBeast on that, but I keep getting the prohibited sign. I even removed the High Sierra SSD thinking maybe that was affecting it, but same issue. I tried booting the USB with -v and got the image attached.

This suddenly just became a real mess. I'd really appreciate any guidance. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_001319.jpg
    IMG_20181231_001319.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I can boot fine still from the install USB

Boot from the USB.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Boot from the USB.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

For some reason i can no longer boot from the USB though. Check out the bottom half of my post to see the current most pressing issue with any USB I use showing the prohibited symbol. Thanks!

Back