Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure why I added them. I believe it was to fix graphics problem in the past. Do I not need them?
I don't use them with my systems that use Nvidia graphics cards. But, I don't use iBooks or iTunes for movies, and these Nvidia systems have working iMessages and sleep/wake-up works. To be truthful, I don't know what the NvidiaGraphicPatch.kext does for a system.

For anyone having issues with audio interfaces over FireWire, make sure you've got the correct ti chipset (I know it's been stated before but always good to reinforce the point). I thought I had as my tc poco was working and dismissed it from that point on, but it was the xio2000a. It would seem that most audio interfaces are not compatible with it in this system (and others). I read somewhere recently it's to do with the x170 boards.

This had been driving me mad trying to figure out what was going on for around 4-5 months (on and off when I had the time)

Got a syba FireWire card with the ti xio2213 and is now working.

For anyone having issues with audio interfaces over FireWire, make sure you've got the correct ti chipset (I know it's been stated before but always good to reinforce the point).
Got a syba FireWire card with the ti xio2213 and is now working.
Is it the same Syba FW card in my component list (Already Owned)?

Hi Stork, yes it is the same card. There is a good discussion about it on gearslutz with regards to the chipset. I should have just brought the one you had when building but like I say I thought my card (a siig with ti chipset) was working. I just wanted to make the point it's the ti chipset revision to check, others have had success with siig cards but they must have the xio2213.
It was a dumb move on my part, but we live and learn and figured if someone is tearing thier hair out over it, it may help.
Thanks for all the work and help with the post and build.

Hi Stork, yes it is the same card. There is a good discussion about it on gearslutz with regards to the chipset. I should have just brought the one you had when building but like I say I thought my card (a siig with ti chipset) was working. I just wanted to make the point it's the ti chipset revision to check, others have had success with siig cards but they must have the xio2213.
It was a dumb move on my part, but we live and learn and figured if someone is tearing thier hair out over it, it may help.
Thanks for all the work and help with the post and build.
For reference, here's an oldie goodie > The FireWire 800/400 card to own for 100% compatibility.

Hi, the issue though is related to the z170 boards. Not just Hackingtosh, pc windows will have a problem with the xio2000a ti chipset and older firewire cards, from what I was reading. Both my previous firewire cards run on my mac pro 3.1 under yosemite.
Apologies if it is mentioned there but it's more specific to the z170 boards.

Hi, the issue though is related to the z170 boards. Not just Hackingtosh, pc windows will have a problem with the xio2000a ti chipset and older firewire cards, from what I was reading. Both my previous firewire cards run on my mac pro 3.1 under yosemite.
Apologies if it is mentioned there but it's more specific to the z170 boards.
Did not know. Thanks for the information!

No worries. Hope it'll help someone in a similar situation one day:)

Hey Stork, I am hoping you can help me out with the colossal mess I made of my hackintosh by doing the high sierra update... it's fully functioning but I get a number of error messages on clover boot (below) and I have two additional options in my clover boot

Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot ... and... this one loads
Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot ... this one does not

My SSD High Sierra drive shows on the clover screen as HFS+ even though the system report shows APFS

The worst part is that after a short time my CPU temp skyrockets from typically 30-40 Celsius to 80-95 Celsius

Any suggestions would be appreciated

IMG_0091.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back