Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwagsz, Wow! Don't know how that happened to you. I've never had any problems updating the BIOS, and I never removed my disk drives when I updated the BIOS.

No biggie and if I did not have Windows on the same drive I could just do a fresh install.

I may be a little cautious on updating BIOS next time. lol

Hello stork! I have almost the same system as you, except with a 970 instead of a 760. It was working perfectly until I changed the system def from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 14,2. This seems to prevent the graphics drivers from launching as my monitor immediately goes to sleep after the apple logo during boot. Any suggestions? I'm able to boot into safe mode using -x. Thanks!

oakworld, how did you change the SysDef?

You're welcome. Have fun! :)

Now, since Sierra is not supported on a Mac Pro 3,1, I recommend you change your SysDef to an iMac 14,2. :thumbup:

Thanks Stork, I did the update trying to get my iMessage to work... no joy on the iMessage but the SysDef updated to 14.2 here is the geek bench result

Geekbench4_AsusHeroVIII_i7_4GHz_iMac14_2.png

Still working on the build video but I put things on hold so I could bring a slider home for some nice close-up shots of the case while changing colours and the ROG front base in action.

Hi Stork, just moved my new Hero over to replace my vintage Mac Pro, moved the HDDs totally populated the drive bays in my system 6 HDDs and 2 SSDs and my 3 monitors one 40" and two 27"s... I also have a trackpad and just realized I have no bluetooth... do you have a recommendation for getting bluetooth with this system?

Well, if you don't need wireless, then get one of the BT4 USB dongles in the Accessory section of the Buyer's Guide. I use to use the GMYLE one. However, since I use the iMac Wifi/BT card and PCIe adapter, my hack thinks it's an iMac with handoff and continuity working like a Mac. I haven't tested the GMYLE for handoff and continuity, but others have and report it works. I IOGear BT dongle works, too.

Stork have you by chance upgraded to searra yet. I'm planning on cloning my drive then attempt. But was curious if you have or. It.

I'm thinking of building the exact same build(no parts purchased yet...4 months in the planning and counting); but with a 980ti. I know the physical install would be the same, but would there be any different processes in getting the card to recognize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back