Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any anticipation of issues regarding handoff/continuity? I've been scratching my head of a desktop build and wanted all things to fully work. I've concluded that if I just purchased all parts and mirror you're build that should eliminate any doubts in my mind.

Just looking to get a setup that is fully up and running to utilize all mac features (imessage/handoff/etc). Hopefully the Mac Sierra enhancements will work too but only time will tell on that part.
I haven't tried Handoff/Continuity on this build. It works with my Gene build because it has the iMac WiFi/BT card & PCIe adapter card. iMessage works on both builds; the tick is following a good procedure like P1LGRAM'S > Spares Box HTPC POC Build - GA-B85M-DS3H-A - i3-4330 - GeForce GT640 - 10.11.4 | tonymacx86.com or An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

Well I am now back to square one. Didnt get to install 980. Got home and booted it up and now all I am getting is the apple then circle with a slash..... Im about to give up.

Well I am now back to square one. Didnt get to install 980. Got home and booted it up and now all I am getting is the apple then circle with a slash..... Im about to give up.

Have you tried this?
If you have a current nVidia graphics card, at the Clover boot screen, click on the "Gears" icon and add Boot Argument value "nv_disable=1" (without the quotes) until you install the nVidia web drivers
:ch: Boot into the El Capitan Installer on the UniBeast Installer USB thumb drive to begin the two part installation; at the end of Part 1, you need to reboot the newly created installation disk. (Optional) Nvidia graphics card users will again need to use the Boot Argument "nv_disable=1".

Have you tried this?
If you have a current nVidia graphics card, at the Clover boot screen, click on the "Gears" icon and add Boot Argument value "nv_disable=1" (without the quotes) until you install the nVidia web drivers
:ch: Boot into the El Capitan Installer on the UniBeast Installer USB thumb drive to begin the two part installation; at the end of Part 1, you need to reboot the newly created installation disk. (Optional) Nvidia graphics card users will again need to use the Boot Argument "nv_disable=1".
Yes even took out the card.

Double check your bios setting. Network disable, primary IGPX.

Are you using Option Drv2, not the ither Option Drv in the folder inside usb?

I had that problem in other build.

BIOS is all right.. Now option drv2 that actually lost me I even tried googling that.

boogieman77 is using the UniBeast build of Clover options for the installation Thumb Drive. You'll have to explain in more detail how he can check to see if using "Option Drv2". (I'll need it, too, since I used the UniBeast & MultiBeast Clover builds.)

Just a quick post to thank you for your guide. I have an almost identical system and had minimal issues getting everything sorted. Combined your Gene and VIII Hero guides because I'm using M.2 NVMe drive. Thanks again!

Just a quick post to thank you for your guide. I have an almost identical system and had minimal issues getting everything sorted. Combined your Gene and VIII Hero guides because I'm using M.2 NVMe drive. Thanks again!
Thank you.

Don't forget to update your Profile and signature with your system motherboard, processor and graphics.

Before I proceed any further I for some reason dont know why with all the issues I had even trying to get it to install the first time went back to the beginning and tried again. Would not let me install kept getting to the clover boot and then the circle with slash. I tried everything reset bios diff commands you name it I tried it. Well for some reason I decided to boot into bios 2 on my board. Changed the settings to Storks. Booted up....... Clover loaded and then I hit usb install. Flashed to apple and I said well here it goes again turned my head to listen to my daughter tell me something and when I turned around it was going. Now before I proceed and get it all going does it lead you to believe I may have a bad board or bad bios 1? Please lend me your thoughts on this.

Update: After install I now get circle with slash again after clover loads and click on my hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back