Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork, your instructions say to copy the SSDT.AML file over to the EFI folder on the USB drive but I'm sure you meant the EFI folder on the SSD drive. :)
In the OP's section on making the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive, I state to copy the files you will need after the installation is finish. The SSDT.aml file is one along with MultiBeast, etc. I do not say to install the SSDT on the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive.

Toward the end of the installation, I state:
Stork said:
:ch: Now you need to install your processor's SSDT.aml:
:ch: Open the Terminal and run the following:
Code:
diskutil list
:ch: Note the El Capitan drive's EFI partition's "diskXs1" designation - could be something like "disk1s1";
:ch: Run EFI Mounter v3 to mount the UniBeast USB drive's EFI partition;
:ch: Navigate to EFI > EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched folder;
:ch: Now put the SSDT.aml [which you had previously copied to your thumb drive] in the ...ACPI > patched folder.​

How's your stability @Stork? I've been really seeing some odd issues with stability when RAM usage get's near the upper limit. Finding myself having to restart after that. Apps crash and weird things happen all over the place like icons disappearing in iStat, etc.

How's your stability @Stork? I've been really seeing some odd issues with stability when RAM usage get's near the upper limit. Finding myself having to restart after that. Apps crash and weird things happen all over the place like icons disappearing in iStat, etc.
Stability has been excellent. I've not experienced any memory stability problems, and I have a lot of apps open. Next time I'm running with a lot of apps, I'll watch my memory allocations. But, I don't anticipate any issues.

BTW, since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

In the OP's section on making the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive, I state to copy the files you will need after the installation is finish. The SSDT.aml file is one along with MultiBeast, etc. I do not say to install the SSDT on the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive.

Toward the end of the installation, I state:
Ok, fair enough. I did have all those additional components but they were all on the root directory of my Unibeast USB and not in the EFI folder. As I was following your instructions towards the end when it came time to transfer the SSDT.AML file over I was like "I wonder why he's telling us to mount the EFI partition on the Unibeast USB installer?"

I have 6 plugged into my Extreme. And no issue.

Edit. Two Samsung EVO 850 SSD. Two Western Digital 3.5 4TB Drives. One Panasonic Bluray Burner. One Seagate 4TB 3.5 Drive.

Are you currently running 10.11.6 and booting the OS from SSD (AHCI)? From what I have read if you use SSD drives in Skylake Z170 boards you have to have the IOAPIC fix even with it disabled I believe. If you have them working, then my Skylake Hero Alpha may just not like the Samsung 850 Pro 512GB. Piker updated the clover patch but only for 10.11.4 and this does not work on 10.11.6. The hex patch changed again in 10.11.6 AppleAPIC and there is no patch at the moment so I suffer form the Still Waiting for Root Device.

2.5" SSDs and M.2 AHCI SSDs don't need any fix. They are plug n play.

2.5" SSDs and M.2 AHCI SSDs don't need any fix. They are plug n play.

I get "Still waiting for Root Device" I am on the Sata1 port which is the intel not the ASmedia controller so indeed it should work!! Are you on 10.11.6? I wonder if the Hero Alpha is the cause?

Yes, I'm on 10.11.6. I never applied any fixes for SSDs on my Gene.

Yes, I'm on 10.11.6. I never applied any fixes for SSDs on my Gene.

I read some other posts here and there and Ammulder responded that this was a typical issue for Skylake Z170 boards and the IOAPIC clover patch was needed to fix this.

So I cannot explain why the root device is not picked up, maybe a clover 3716 issue? Which clover version are you on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back