Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose I could use the XFX HD6870 card from my current system. Thanks again!

Hey @Stork, I just ran through the process here for iMessage: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

But upon reboot ended up not having any video. I rebooted with `nv_disable=1` and then reinstalled the nvidia drivers, but then upon reboot it still wouldn't work -- no video.

Any idea what could have caused this?

Nope, I don't know what your problem is. However, I don't trust those so called guides on ****** as I've known people who've gotten burned by them. They copy from here and other sites, and most of the time leave out a step or two in the copying process. I use P1LGRIM's procedure in his build description. Or you can use his guide > An iDiot's Guide To iMessage

So, you can use the HD530 on-board graphics until Nvidia releases the drivers, living with HD530's inability to perform sleep/wake-up correctly. Or, you can do like I did and use an older graphics card that you either have laying around or pick up inexpensively from eBay.

As I wait patiently for my motherboard to arrive (it, along with the gtx-1060, is back-ordered and I have everything else) I have created my new Unibeast installer with all the assorted goodies needed.

I've decided not to bother with my old HD6870 card and will just use on-board HD530 until the gtx-1060 has drivers. When I created the Unibeast USB I did not select the ATI or Nvidia graphics option. Should I be ok for the install?

Since I'm taking parts from my existing system to make the new rig I'm being extra careful to avoid having to put the old system back together in case I've missed a step or something. :)

As I wait patiently for my motherboard to arrive (it, along with the gtx-1060, is back-ordered and I have everything else) I have created my new Unibeast installer with all the assorted goodies needed.

I've decided not to bother with my old HD6870 card and will just use on-board HD530 until the gtx-1060 has drivers. When I created the Unibeast USB I did not select the ATI or Nvidia graphics option. Should I be ok for the install?

Since I'm taking parts from my existing system to make the new rig I'm being extra careful to avoid having to put the old system back together in case I've missed a step or something. :)
Once you get installed and into OS X where you run MultiBeast it has the option to install the Intel drivers.

Perfect! Thank you.
There is no telling how long you will have to wait on the 1060 or 1080 drivers. I went with the 980ti for FCPX. Leaning toward dual 980tis now.

However if you go into Clover Configurator and load your efi disk then navigate to boot tab you will see a tab for XMPDetection=YES NO 1 2. I just tried YES for a test and pretty much boots every time.

I have to ask the obvious question, "What RAM do you have?" and "Was it bought as a single kit?"

I know that some Corsair RAM has problems with ASUS boards, for exampl, specifically that it can't run at the "rated" speed.

What speed do you have and what speed is being reported in About This Mac?

I have to ask the obvious question, "What RAM do you have?" and "Was it bought as a single kit?"

I know that some Corsair RAM has problems with ASUS boards, for exampl, specifically that it can't run at the "rated" speed.

What speed do you have and what speed is being reported in About This Mac?

Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (2 x 16G) DDR4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back