Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep problems, in my case, was an USB problems. When I made my own SSDT-USB, the problems have gone.

@budafilms I see you are using the same Mainboard as Stork and me. May I ask how your sleep problems looked like? What exactly didn't work for you that now works? I ask because I tried to stick as exact as possible to the instructions from Stork since I am a newbie to all of this. Up to now I thought I could circumvent creating my own SSDT-USB as Stork himself only uses the InjectAll extension and it seems to work. I fear making mistakes that render my (except for sleeping issues) perfect CustoMac partly useless by creating a custom SSDT-USB.

The way I understood it - correct me if I am wrong - the RehabMan kext opens up all USB ports and those that are not present within the mainboard have to be disabled. If it's that way: Can I re-use your SSDT-USB for my (equal) board? Would you mind sharing it? Or didn't I simply get the concept and such an SSDT is not only board-specific but also connected to individual other aspects? Thanks for providing insight :)

@testuser112

My machine went to sleep, and after touch the mouse , disk starting up, but no the screen. Radomly reset. Usb 3.0 sometimes works.

I tried lot of kext, patches, from this guide but I decide to clean my instalation doing the Usb - ssdt and using just the necesary.

But if you dont have problems its not necesary. I use my machine for video work every day, so i can't take big risk breaking my system with experimental kext. I have full lenght movies, raid disk, etc.

You have to make your own ssdt with a guide. The ports change in every system and you have to select wich one do you want to keep and wich not. You should start with the ssdt of the Hero and check every port with the provisory kext. Its a lot of work, but the result its amaizing how better you hack works, renders, test, updates.

Regards!

@budafilms I see you are using the same Mainboard as Stork and me. May I ask how your sleep problems looked like? What exactly didn't work for you that now works? I ask because I tried to stick as exact as possible to the instructions from Stork since I am a newbie to all of this. Up to now I thought I could circumvent creating my own SSDT-USB as Stork himself only uses the InjectAll extension and it seems to work. I fear making mistakes that render my (except for sleeping issues) perfect CustoMac partly useless by creating a custom SSDT-USB.

The way I understood it - correct me if I am wrong - the RehabMan kext opens up all USB ports and those that are not present within the mainboard have to be disabled. If it's that way: Can I re-use your SSDT-USB for my (equal) board? Would you mind sharing it? Or didn't I simply get the concept and such an SSDT is not only board-specific but also connected to individual other aspects? Thanks for providing insight :)
Since 10.11, Apple has changed the whole USB implementation (hope I'm correct here) and introduced the 15 port limitation to us. The "inject all" should ONLY be used to keep your build up and running. After that, it's highly recommended to use the USB fix. For me, it eliminates the sleep/wake issue once and for all....

I assume the USB Fix is shutting off the ports that are not used and creating a USB SSDT for your particular setup.
The USB fix is for ports I don't have PLUS ports I don't use PLUS ports I can live without.

Three is the magic number ;-)

Since 10.11, Apple has changed the whole USB implementation (hope I'm correct here) and introduced the 15 port limitation to us. The "inject all" should ONLY be used to keep your build up and running. After that, it's highly recommended to use the USB fix. For me, it eliminates the sleep/wake issue once and for all....
Interesting. I assume in this case I will try it, too :)

Another question that drives me crazy: I use the Nvidia web drivers 378.05.05.05f02. Mostly, everything is working absolutely as it should. But from time to time a image failure occurs. The screen goes black and about two seconds again everything is back again. Is there a common approach to fix such behaviour? Maybe reinstalling the Nvidia drivers or rebuilding the kernel cache?

Interesting. I assume in this case I will try it, too :)

Another question that drives me crazy: I use the Nvidia web drivers 378.05.05.05f02. Mostly, everything is working absolutely as it should. But from time to time a image failure occurs. The screen goes black and about two seconds again everything is back again. Is there a common approach to fix such behaviour? Maybe reinstalling the Nvidia drivers or rebuilding the kernel cache?
I have seen no issues with my Evga GTX 1070 as far as any blackouts. I don't seem to have any issues with USBs also.
I tried using the latest HWMonitor update also but left my system buggy so I eliminated it all together.

I have used Flashback to return my BIOS from the latest Asus Bios 3401 back to 2202 to avoid using the modified Clover Boot Loader EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts but found I needed it anyways to make the audio stick. I found that my Windows 10 disk runs much more efficiently also with this version BIOS.

I have used Flashback to return my BIOS from the latest Asus Bios 3401 back to 2202 …
I, too, use the 2202 BIOS and the 6.21 version of HWMonitor and the corresponding drivers. To be honest, the error is extremely rare. It might happen once a day. Just in case anybody sees something in terms of misconfiguration I attached my config.plist. Note that I am using a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD with the patch linked in Stork's instructions.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.7 KB · Views: 194
I'm on Bios 3401. No issue with the Nvidia latest driver on my GTX 980TI. HWMonitor working but not showing my H115i pump information. I only have two issues at the moment with my hack and I am working on them. Issue one is sleep which I will sort out with a USB SSDT as soon as I get round to it. Issue two is all my continuity is working except my Apple Watch is not logging me in. It was working but now it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back