Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you access to a Mac? A friend or library or college with Macs?
I have a Mac Mini, and I downloaded the Sierra, but I don't know how to use it, do I need copy that file into the flash drive?

I have a Mac Mini, and I downloaded the Sierra, but I don't know how to use it, do I need copy that file into the flash drive?
Nope. Follow my procedures in Post #1 to make the UniBeast USB Installation thumb driver on your Mac Mini. Then, install on your HERO following my procedures after you make the changes in your BIOS. Read the procedures over several times so you are familiar with how to do it.

Nope. Follow my procedures in Post #1 to make the UniBeast USB Installation thumb driver on your Mac Mini. Then, install on your HERO following my procedures after you make the changes in your BIOS. Read the procedures over several times so you are familiar with how to do it.
Thank you! I can install the OS system through the thumb drive, but I use SM951 that I couldn't find it.
I found your post here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...-gigabyte-gtx-950.181272/page-53#post-1283085
But I don't know how to install...

I use a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD in my Gene build. See link in my signature block for how to install on M.2 NVMe SSD.
I've made HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext, Could you tell me how to use it, just copy it to the thumb drive? How to use config.plist that you post?

I've made HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext, Could you tell me how to use it, just copy it to the thumb drive? How to use config.plist that you post?
As of this time/date, you can use the attached config.plist to replace the UniBeast created USB Installation Thumb Driver's config.plist. This will allow you to install macOS Sierra on your M.2 NVMe SSD.

Put the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext, on the USB drive along with the other apps I mention in my procedures. You will need to install it after you run MultiBeast and the Nvidia drivers before you reboot as I describe in my procedures. However, since you've got it created already, simply copy it to your Desktop and run KextBeast as I state in the procedures. But, don't reboot until you've read the following paragraphs.

Now, did you created the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext, with the "--spoof" argument? If so, you'll have to create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml for the HERO as RehabMan's instructions dictate and place it on the config.plist as I describe in the procedures. (My GENE SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml will not work for the HERO.)

If not, do not reboot the system until you remove the Apple IONVMeFamily.kext in /S/L/E/. Now, you can reboot. However, without spoofing you'll have a real PITA when 10.12.4 comes out; you'll have to create a kext for 10.12.4 and remove the Apple IONVMeFamily.kext which will be installed by the update installer. I highly recommend you create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml so you don't have to go through the pain of installing and removing the IONVMeFamily.kext which is a tough procedure depending on how Apple runs the installation of the update.

As of this time/date, you can use the attached config.plist to replace the UniBeast created USB Installation Thumb Driver's config.plist. This will allow you to install macOS Sierra on your M.2 NVMe SSD.

Put the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext, on the USB drive along with the other apps I mention in my procedures. You will need to install it after you run MultiBeast and the Nvidia drivers before you reboot as I describe in my procedures. However, since you've got it created already, simply copy it to your Desktop and run KextBeast as I state in the procedures. But, don't reboot until you've read the following paragraphs.

Now, did you created the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext, with the "--spoof" argument? If so, you'll have to create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml for the HERO as RehabMan's instructions dictate and place it on the config.plist as I describe in the procedures. (My GENE SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml will not work for the HERO.)

If not, do not reboot the system until you remove the Apple IONVMeFamily.kext in /S/L/E/. Now, you can reboot. However, without spoofing you'll have a real PITA when 10.12.4 comes out; you'll have to create a kext for 10.12.4 and remove the Apple IONVMeFamily.kext which will be installed by the update installer. I highly recommend you create the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml so you don't have to go through the pain of installing and removing the IONVMeFamily.kext which is a tough procedure depending on how Apple runs the installation of the update.
I have a big issue that the SM951 didn't show up in the Bios.... Do I need an adapter or I bought a defective SSD...

I have a big issue that the SM951 didn't show up in the Bios.... Do I need an adapter or I bought a defective SSD...
At what stage in the install process are you?

At what stage in the install process are you?
I didn't install the system yet because I couldn't find the SM951 in both of my bios and systems. And I contacted the seller, he said there might have some compatible problem with my MOBO and SSD. I just noticed you'd chosen the SM951 AHCI but mine was the NVMe. I think maybe this is the cause. I'll return my SSD back and buy another one. Do I need to find a list that what SSD can compatible with my MOBO? Could you give some advice? Thank you! I really appreciate your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back