Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVRAM is important for Nvidia cards that use the Nvidia drivers. So, yes, it will affect El Capitan, too, if you use the Nvidia drivers. The solution for El Capitan is to use slim.jim's method referred to as the Problem 6 solution. For Sierra and High Sierra, the solution is the option in MultiBeast v9/v10, respectively:
Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4xxx UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​
as discussed in Post #1.
Hi Stork,
Thx a lot for clarification. Now I see much clearer... :eek:
best
Michael

Just want to throw a big "thank your very much" into this thread that goes especially to Stork in the first place for writing such an excellent guide. I did my install a few weeks ago and now I am running a super stable system with zero problems. But I like to thank all the others guys that are constantly updating this page with useful information on how to sort things out if you are stuck.

So please keep up the good work!!!

Best regards.

Wildo

Just want to throw a big "thank your very much" into this thread that goes especially to Stork in the first place for writing such an excellent guide. I did my install a few weeks ago and now I am running a super stable system with zero problems. But I like to thank all the others guys that are constantly updating this page with useful information on how to sort things out if you are stuck.

So please keep up the good work!!!
You're welcome! Welcome to the HERO Club! :thumbup:

Please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

Hi,
First of all thanks for your great work. I got Sierra running for a week without any problems. Yesterday, I shut it down for the first time, and the computer kept on restarting after shutting down, any ideas why? After the second time I shut it down, the computer stayed off. I tried it again and again, and only every two or three times the OC stays off, any thoughts on that?

Best
felix

Hi,
First of all thanks for your great work. I got Sierra running for a week without any problems. Yesterday, I shut it down for the first time, and the computer kept on restarting after shutting down, any ideas why? After the second time I shut it down, the computer stayed off. I tried it again and again, and only every two or three times the OC stays off, any thoughts on that?

Best
felix

You could try selecting "Fix Shutdown" in your config.

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 22.28.41.jpg

Got High Sierra installed using the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast.

The audio stops working shortly after waking up from sleep. Anyone else having these issues on High Sierra?

rivlez, did you install RehabMan's CodecCommander kext in /L/E/ folder with Kext Beast as I described in Post #1?

This is a short term today only sale at Newegg. New Egg has now extended this till Saturday Nov. 25th. Gives you some extra time to pull the trigger. If I needed a new ATX system, which I don't, I'd buy this in a second.

A Maximus 8 Hero for $99.99 AR. :thumbup: Early BF deal.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/maximus-viii-hero-for-99-99-ar-at-newegg.238517/#post-1632427

This is new and not a refurb if you are wondering. Add the I7-7700K CPU (290 USD at Amazon) and you've got a great start on a very powerful build. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXSI216/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 Less than $400 ! Just an 8700K alone will cost more than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back