Contribute
Register

Stork's MyHero Build: ASUS ROG Z170 MAXIMUS VIII HERO - i7-6700K - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I started this build with only Intel graphics. When my NVIDIA card arrived I had a bit of trouble getting it to work. After trying a bunch of things I eventually got the web drivers working nicely (I believe that removing IntelGraphicsFixup was the key), but broke my sound at the same time! I'm not sure of the exact action that broke it, as my machine was unbootable while I tried various potential fixes.

The most obvious symptom is that the 'Sound' preferences pane shows no input or output devices.

I've tried re-running MultiBeast, selecting the following:

:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100/200 Series Audio

However this doesn't seem to help.

What information can I provide to help diagnose this?

Many thanks!

Still haven't managed to get my audio working again.

This seems to be the most relevant bit of the clover interface - anything amiss here?
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 22.10.00.png

Directory listing of /Libraries/Extensions:

ACPISensors.kext
ACS6x.kext
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
ArcMSR.kext
CPUSensors.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GPUSensors.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
LPCSensors.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
realtekALC.kext

Last edited:
Solved! I used audio_codecdetect_v2.3.command from this thread, which said to set Devices/Audio/Inject to 1. I must have changed this setting in a mad rage to remove all intel-related things in clover while trying get my NVIDIA card to work!

EDIT: One further question: am I OK to sign into iTunes / the App store? Anything to check before I do?

Last edited:
One further question: am I OK to sign into iTunes / the App store? Anything to check before I do?
Try the Mac App Store first.

Hey there,

I've successfully (mostly) built my second hackintosh thanks to your thorough documentation.

I have 2 issues.

1. I am really struggling to get my sound output devices to show up. I've tried the help of many threads and usually end up with kernel panics and then resort to formatting my hard drive and starting over (at least 7 times now). I've become very efficient with getting this mac up and running quickly from a blank hard drive :)

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 2.23.30 PM.png

2. My logitech wireless keyboard and mouse are lagging and seemingly disconnecting intermittently.

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 2.58.43 PM.png

My Multibeast configuration:
(I haven't been able to get FakeSMC to work without a kernel panic, so I've left it uninstalled)

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 2.26.43 PM.png

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me. I've been trying to get this audio to work for 3 days now and countless hours. I've read many many threads and just can't seem to get it right.

I've attached my config.plist for troubleshooting.

I've also attached my SSDT.aml for anyone who might need it as I had a very hard time getting it for the i7-7700k.

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 2.06.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 2.42.37 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 188
  • SSDT.aml.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 70
After you ran MultiBeast and rebooted, did you run MultiBeast again just selecting the two audio options then reboot? If not, try that as MacMan noted this in his MultiBeast v9.2.0 announcement, 2nd paragraph in the "Please Note" section. I noted this in Post #1.

Sorry, but I can't help you with the Logitech problem. Although I use a Logitech keyboard, it is the Mac 760 Bluetooth edition.

After you ran MultiBeast and rebooted, did you run MultiBeast again just selecting the two audio options then reboot?
Yes, I ran it the second time.

lstamatis, You have to mount your /EFI/ partition, then run toleda's script. Toleda's Step B-2. Then, execute the command with "sudo ...".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back