Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my previous post about the CPU model. It is a 6700 not 6400. I downloaded from ammulers guide patch to ACPI as the installation guide mention. The only problem is, once I rebooted the PC, HDMI audio no longer working, and, when I deleted again the SSDT-i7-6700.aml and try to reboot, then HDMI audio back to work again.The existing file of HDMI inside patch folder is SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml maybe there is a conflict between this two files?
I have no experience with HDMI audio as I have external speakers. I would suggest you repost your problem in the HDMI-Audio sub forum section (https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/hdmi-audio.59/) either in an existing thread or start a new thread. But, check to see if others have had the same problem before posting.

Updated to 10.12.5 without any problems. Here is my procedure.

:ch: If you're using a M.2 NVMe SSD like I am, then download RehabMan's latest patch-nvme script. Don't run it until after you update!

:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

:ch: Download the Mac App Store Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.5 - the updater will reboot upon completion;

:ch: Upon rebooting, the Nvidia driver will prompt you to update to the latest driver and reboot when its completed it's installation;

:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) Update your HackrNVMeFamily kext with RehabMan's patch-nvme.

Welcome to Sierra 10.12.5! :thumbup:

Audio is working fine.
I'm getting panics

Hi all, I've read this thread partly last days i have to admit. I've reinstalled my Gene / 6700K yesterday after it had too much issues before. I've purchased a Samsung M2 Evo 960 so I thought it was time for a reinstall. I also have an Asus GTX980Ti which had also some issues with wake after sleep. Now I have installed everything again and I'm using many separate SSDTs (ssdtgen) to fix things. Its stable now and much issues are gone (mostly sleep/wake related) however I have only one strange issue left which I have read here or in your other builds. People are complaining about sluggishness while waking from sleep. This behavior however is only noticeable when you wake the system immediately when it has started sleep. So in the early stage of going to sleep. When it has slept for a longer period wake is working fine. Does anybody knows why this is happening and what can be done to fix this?

Also I did a bios update of the gene to match 3401 however I found out this one is extremely unstable with default settings adjusted to be usable as a hack. When the video card is heavily used it reboots system so I flashed back to 2022. The manual is wrong about the bios flashback port however. Mine is only working on the lowest - upper port the one straight below the Ethernet port.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about GPU...

I'm not having difficulties with the M2. Its working perfectly and also, the sleep issue or the slugging wake was also hapenoing when the hack was on SSD Sata.

...however I have only one strange issue left which I have read here or in your other builds. People are complaining about sluggishness while waking from sleep. This behavior however is only noticeable when you wake the system immediately when it has started sleep. So in the early stage of going to sleep. When it has slept for a longer period wake is working fine. Does anybody knows why this is happening and what can be done to fix this?
I haven't seen this because, when I put my systems to sleep, it's for 5 minutes (at least) or greater, like going on errands.

Also I did a bios update of the gene to match 3401 however I found out this one is extremely unstable with default settings adjusted to be usable as a hack. When the video card is heavily used it reboots system so I flashed back to 2022. The manual is wrong about the bios flashback port however. Mine is only working on the lowest - upper port the one straight below the Ethernet port.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

I haven't seen this because, when I put my systems to sleep, it's for 5 minutes (at least) or greater, like going on errands.

Well that is more or less the point. It happens when the system is short for sleep or just before entering sleep. It happens when the screen fades to black and you move the mouse the screen comes back again to display the desktop. Just on that moment it looks like its frozen or it is responding very slow. However after 10 - 15 sec it is just running as it should.

Updated to 10.12.5 without any problems. Here is my procedure.

:ch: If you're using a M.2 NVMe SSD like I am, then download RehabMan's latest patch-nvme script. Don't run it until after you update!

:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

:ch: Download the Mac App Store Software Update or Combo Update and run it to update to 10.12.5 - the updater will reboot upon completion;

:ch: Upon rebooting, the Nvidia driver will prompt you to update to the latest driver and reboot when its completed it's installation;

:ch: (Optional for M.2 NVMe SSD owners) Update your HackrNVMeFamily kext with RehabMan's patch-nvme.

Welcome to Sierra 10.12.5! :thumbup:

Audio is working fine.

StorkI followed your instructions...pretty straight forward, but on my system when I downloaded the Software Update and it rebooted...I get a black screen as if the graphics card is not recognized...
1) Any wisdom on how to get to the desktop to update the Nvidia driver?

2) I am running a M.2 SSD drive...could you give me a hand on more specifically "updating" the patch. I am assuming I need to open Xcode to do this...
thanks

StorkI followed your instructions...pretty straight forward, but on my system when I downloaded the Software Update and it rebooted...I get a black screen as if the graphics card is not recognized...
1) Any wisdom on how to get to the desktop to update the Nvidia driver?

2) I am running a M.2 SSD drive...could you give me a hand on more specifically "updating" the patch. I am assuming I need to open Xcode to do this...
thanks
1) Boot with the nv_disable=1 (or something like that) box checked at the Clover boot screen options after you tap the spacebar at the Clover boot screen. Once you get to the Desktop, the Nvidia System Preference pane should appear and tell you to update.

2.) Are you using RehabMan's patch-nvme and his spoof SSDT? If so, download the latest version of patch-nvme and create the 10.12.5 HackrNVMeFamily kext and replace the 10.12.4 version with it.

1) Boot with the nv_disable=1 (or something like that) box checked at the Clover boot screen options after you tap the spacebar at the Clover boot screen. Once you get to the Desktop, the Nvidia System Preference pane should appear and tell you to update.

Thanks I will try that....

2.) Are you using RehabMan's patch-nvme and his spoof SSDT? If so, download the latest version of patch-nvme and create the 10.12.5 HackrNVMeFamily kext and replace the 10.12.4 version with it.

I am using this patch...I believe it is similar if not the same...
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...er-macos-sierra-is-ready/page-37#entry2343228

It is the only one that worked. I added it to my config.plist with Xcode.
I have never "created" a kext before...newbie who wants to learn here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back