Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should not matter. Just ignore that.

ok, I did it. so just place the SSDT file it makes in the clover patched folder?

It makes 2 files, what do I do with the aml file?

Copy the ssdt.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

Copy the ssdt.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

Thanks, installed. seems like the cpu idles a littler lower now which is good.
so you know how the stock 6700k is 4ghz but turbos up to 4.2? so since I OC it to run at 4.4, does that mean the max turbo is 4.4? how would you make the turbo higher than the OC, just OC it higher lol? say I want the stock speed to be 4.4 but the turbo to be 4.6, how would I do this?

iMac14,2
Single-Core Score Multi-Core Score
5525 18183

Geekbench looks decent

From what I understand (and I could very well be completely off), when it's advertised as 4.2GHz turbo, that doesn't mean you will get 4.2GHz on all the cores. Additionally, a number of criteria need to be met before the CPU goes in to Turbo Boost.

When you overclock, you can set all the cores to run at your overclock speed under load. The trade off is that you forgo the Turbo Boost.

Yes, that makes sense, I think your right.
Thanks for all your help!!

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my problem - i'm really nearing my wit's end with regards to possible solutions or workarounds. I basically followed an amalgamation of both stork and pastry chef's builds for this mobo, while primarily using stork's installation guide. After successful install and several days of relatiely problem-free usage, i turned it on one morning and could not make it past the loading screen.

I describe my problem in greater detail here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-black-screen-w-cursor.213181/#post-1422798

but right now i cannot even install sierra on a SECOND, different drive that is also hooked up to the mobo. I'm not erally sure what my options are at this point or where i went wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

So...my first Hackintosh, and first build in ~15 years. A HUGE thank you to Stork and all the other helpful people here! I essentially built his exact system from a 10.12.3 download, and everything went great -- except iMessage (but Facetime worked, oddly...).

I used the Idiot's Guide and a couple other recent instructions sets. After several hours of trying different things and googling, I used iMessage Debug and found missing ROM and MLB. This led me to "If you follow the guide and get a failed ROM in iMessageDebug you may need to install EmuVariableUefi-64 with the Clover installer." I did this and all is well! Video, Audio, USB, iMessage, etc. It geekbenched at 17375 (no overclock) and Cinebenched at 118fps which is fine for a mid-range card.

I was so tired of waiting for Apple to sell a decent headless desktop that I started this out of desperation. Happy I did...

Last edited:
I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:

I did all of that but when I copy that HackrNVMeFamily.kext and reboot I get a Panic!:( Can someone please help me how to overcome that problem because I'm still back to using the "NMVeGeneric.kext" with my Samsung 960 EVO but obviously I'm still experiencing the shutdown/start-up error problem what is known issue with that kext!

Please click on my build to see what I'm working with as I even wrote a guide about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back