Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
In "System Parameters", I see a checkbox for "NvidiaWeb". I put a check in it and rebooted and I'm still getting the same result = monitor goes to sleep after booting. I did make the change with darkwake in Clover Configurator. Thanks.

Clover Configurator doesn't recognize the NVidiaweb option. The MultiBeast created config.plist does have the NVidiaweb parameter, but it's defaulted to "false". So, you'll have to change it using Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to "true". You can use TextEdit, but be very, very careful when you change NVidiaweb from false to true because a text editor can mess up the config.plist code.

So I put the checkbox in Clover Configurator under System Parameters for "NVidiaweb". Clover Configurator must support it because I just pulled up the config.plist file in Textedit, and it already shows as "true". Either way, the computer is still booting to a monitor that goes to sleep...

dark wake and the nvidiaweb variable should not make your monitor black even if they aren't working. dark wake is for waking from sleep from a black monitor (AFAIK) and the nvidiaweb will enable the web driver. even if these variable aren't set correctly you should get some video, did you try another monitor?

Yes, I actually have 2 monitors to use together once things are up and running. I have to boot with nvdisable=1 in order to get it working.

so I flashed the bios back to 2202 and for the life of me I can't get my screen to work after I wake from sleep. I tried all the dark wake settings, nothing. I removed the emuvariableuefi-64, I tried putting it back, tried the ktext patch for skylake systems, removed it... ARG!! what else can I do to fix this??

Re-ran multi beast selecting options from thread one, dark wake=1 and it suddenly works... hopefully for good!

I wonder if I change my darkwake from 0 to 1 will make mine work...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back