Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Hi Stork. Thank you so much for the detailed guide. Awesome awesome awesome.

Thanks to you I got Yosemite working well with a z97n wifi mobo/4970k
I am saving the PCI slot on the mobo for a gfx card, so i installed an asus usb13 wifi stick for wifi.
http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/USBN13/

But wanted to try the BCM94360CD solution. Looked like it was plug and play. This is what I got.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...Apple-with-Mini-PCI-E/106046_32256494722.html
[h=1] Capture.PNG[/h]
Kid in a candy store when the package arrived, but it didnt work. A couple of theories

Sorry posted too soon :clap: :clap: :clap:

Theories:
  1. Only had 2 antenna leads - would this have resulted in the adapter not showing up?
  2. Faulty product
  3. lack of usb interface from card
  4. installed kexts from n13 card

One more thing - the BT adapter shows but cannot discover devices. WIFI adapter nowhere to be found....

Any thoughts? Looking for your infinite wisdom

msorrenti;996639... said:
  1. Only had 2 antenna leads - would this have resulted in the adapter not showing up?
  2. ...
My iMac WiFi/BT card had 4 antennas...did yours? IIRC, J1 connection is the BT while J0, J2 & J3 are the 11ac wireless connections. I attach two more antennas to see if the wireless will work.

My iMac WiFi/BT card had 4 antennas...did yours? IIRC, J1 connection is the BT while J0, J2 & J3 are the 11ac wireless connections. I attach two more antennas to see if the wireless will work.

Thanks for for quick reply!
The card has 4, the board had 2 built in. I tried to use just the 2, assumed that it Would only affect speed and reception and wouldn't affect Yosemite recognizing the adapter itself

if the leads need to be connected for the adapter to be recognized i get it.

ordered the antenna leads - it will take a while to get them but I'll let you know.

Thanks!

This was my issue. I plugged in the PCI adapter but the operating system wouldn't recognize the Broadcom module as existing. Now I'm waiting on a new Broadcom module with a mini-PCI adapter

Thanks for for quick reply!
The card has 4, the board had 2 built in. I tried to use just the 2, assumed that it Would only affect speed and reception and wouldn't affect Yosemite recognizing the adapter itself

if the leads need to be connected for the adapter to be recognized i get it.

ordered the antenna leads - it will take a while to get them but I'll let you know.

Thanks!

This was my issue. I plugged in the PCI adapter but the operating system wouldn't recognize the Broadcom module as existing. Now I'm waiting on a new Broadcom module with a mini-PCI adapter
See post #35 in this thread for pictures and other information on my iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter card.

Hi Stork,

My build is similar to yours, but I can't get the BT, or the Sleep/Wake to work properly. I tried using the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, and get an error "No Bluetooth Hardware Found. Then my Sleep/Wake issue only occurs after the system sleeps for about an hour. The screen goes black, and all I have is the cursor Any thoughts?

Hi Stork,

My build is similar to yours, but I can't get the BT, or the Sleep/Wake to work properly. I tried using the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, and get an error "No Bluetooth Hardware Found. Then my Sleep/Wake issue only occurs after the system sleeps for about an hour. The screen goes black, and all I have is the cursor Any thoughts?
For your BT, check About This Mac > System Info > Bluetooth to see if it recognizes the WiFi/BT card. If not, shut down the computer and reseat the WiFi/BT card and/or check the antenna connections. If neither of those two checks yield a working BT, then you may have a bad card.

Sometimes you have to wake-up by pressing the Power button. You'll have to experiment with the length of time you press the Power button. A lot of my wake-up issues went away when I installed the iMac WiFi/BT card and adapter. :thumbup:

Stork,

I looking to build a similar build to your Hector with video card, with some variations.

1. the case: APEVIA X-QPACK2-BL/500 Black/ Blue , case comes with 500w power supply

2. the video card is: EVGA 02G-P4-3744-KR GeForce GT 740 2GB

3. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB (2 x 8GB)

4. Hard drive: Seagate 600 Pro 240GB 2.5" SATA III MLC Enterprise Solid State Drive.

Same mobo, processor

Going to do a fresh install of Yosemite.

As I've said a Galzillion times before:
Make sure your memory is on both the Gigabyte motherboard Memory Support List and your memory's motherboard support list. Check also that your power supply is rated Haswell "ready" or "compatible." Both of these items can contribute to what's known as the Haswell freeze.

Also, make sure your SSD does not use Advanced Format storage technique (4K reads & writes) or you'll get boot0 errors with the current bootloaders. We recommend the SSDs in the Buyer's Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back