Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

I am currently hung up on the MLB/ROM. Might because I have it setup in UEFI mode.

I am currently hung up on the MLB/ROM. Might because I have it setup in UEFI mode.
JayMonkey's guide is pretty straight forward given the fact that getting iMessage is hit and miss. Make sure you install FileNVRAM 1.1.4 per the instructions.

Stork,

Did you have to do anything in software to get the Wi-Fi card working, or did it just work when you plugged it in?

Did you have to do anything in software to get the Wi-Fi card working, or did it just work when you plugged it in?
As I said in my build description, the WiFi on the Gigabyte WiFi/BT4 card is not supported by OS X (although the BT works), and no one, that I'm aware of, has written a driver for it. This is why I put together the iMac WiFi/BT4 card and adapter card as described in post #37.

The unforeseen benefit is that Hector sleeps and wakes-up without any issue except for the all nagging no audio after wake-up; this problem is one of Apple's problems, but is easily solved by shilohh's LoadHDA.app.

Apologies. I should have been more clear initially. I am aware that the Intel Wi-Fi card that is onboard does not work. I was asking if the "Apple" card that you put together worked simply after plugging it into the mini PCIe slot or did you have to do something in software?

Apologies. I should have been more clear initially. I am aware that the Intel Wi-Fi card that is onboard does not work. I was asking if the "Apple" card that you put together worked simply after plugging it into the mini PCIe slot or did you have to do something in software?
No problem. The Apple WiFi/BT card with the adapter card is plug and play - OS X recognizes it as an Apple Airport card and compatible BT 4.

Thank you!

Now that the 5K Retina iMac has been released, wouldn't it be more correct to use the iMac 15,1 system definition with the Haswell Refresh processors? Specifically, the retina iMac ships with the i5-4690K and the i7-4790K, which makes me feel like your system would be better supported by the 15,1 definition.

Furthermore, now that the iMacs officially support these processors, is it still wise to uncheck Generate CPU States for these models? I feel like, now that they're official, you would get better CPU power management from the OS if you generated the states. I'm talking about Yosemite 10.10.2, not Mavericks.

Thank you!

Now that the 5K Retina iMac has been released, wouldn't it be more correct to use the iMac 15,1 system definition with the Haswell Refresh processors? Specifically, the retina iMac ships with the i5-4690K and the i7-4790K, which makes me feel like your system would be better supported by the 15,1 definition.

Furthermore, now that the iMacs officially support these processors, is it still wise to uncheck Generate CPU States for these models? I feel like, now that they're official, you would get better CPU power management from the OS if you generated the states. I'm talking about Yosemite 10.10.2, not Mavericks.
I'd wait for 10.10.3 to be release before using iMac15,1. Since that iMac came out after 10.10.2 was release, it has a one of a kind 10.10.2. So, hang in there. BTW, I'm using MP3,1 with the GTX 750 Ti w/o any problems. However, I'd use iMac14,1 if I was still on HD4600 Intel Integrated Graphics. (iMac14,2, if I was using both a graphics card and HD4600 per toleda's recommendation.)

Ah, I was unaware that 15,1 came out after 10.10.2. What about my anecdote about Generate CPU States? Or do we simply have to wait and see?

Ah, I was unaware that 15,1 came out after 10.10.2. What about my anecdote about Generate CPU States? Or do we simply have to wait and see?
The recommendation to not Generate C/P States was because some systems were freezing with C/P set to "Yes", and the cure was found to be setting the C/P States to "No" (or unchecking the option in the initial installation with MultiBeast). You can try "turning on" the C/P states and using a SSDT to achieve a better power management spread, other than the default iMac power management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back