Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Hey Stork,

could you share a picture of your Card ON the Mobo ? (WIFI/Bluetooth) + A Photo of the Back how you managed the Antennas on the case ?

thanks
Done! See Post #37. :thumbup:

I've successfully updated Hector to 10.10.2.

If you are using the Intel Integrated Graphics HD4600, see Post #2 in the 10.10.2 Update article for update instructions.

If you using a nVidia Maxwell graphics card (750, 750 Ti, 960, 970 or 980), then see Post #147 in my thread on installing a 750 Ti in Hector.

A question about the wifi card:

Do I need all 4 antennas? Will it work with just the stock 2?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

A question about the wifi card:

Do I need all 4 antennas? Will it work with just the stock 2?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
You will need 4 antennas to get the 11ac speed as it needs 3 antennas to achieve AC1200. Of course, one of the antennas is dedicated to Bluetooth.

Stork,

I've built a very similar build to you (same CPU and mobo), and this thread has been very useful, so thanks for your help so far.

Everything is working well except the Broadcom wifi. I've been discussing this at a different thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oesnt-works-my-hackintosh-os-x-10-10-1-a.html

The card is in via a similar generic mini PCIe adapter as yours, and the system recognises it. However, it can't find any networks

I would have sent you a PM but as a newbie I'm not allowed to. Can you offer any advice?

Stork,

I've built a very similar build to you (same CPU and mobo), and this thread has been very useful, so thanks for your help so far.
Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example:
System: GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU: i7-4790
Graphics: HD4600 or MSI GTX 760

Everything is working well except the Broadcom wifi. I've been discussing this at a different thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oesnt-works-my-hackintosh-os-x-10-10-1-a.html

The card is in via a similar generic mini PCIe adapter as yours, and the system recognises it. However, it can't find any networks

I would have sent you a PM but as a newbie I'm not allowed to. Can you offer any advice?
I ordered the iMac WiFi/BT and miniPCIe Adapter Cards from Amazon because ordering from the Chinese site is too risky. See my link in my signature block for my "build description" for replacing the Gigabyte card with the recommended tonymacx86 card(s). :thumbup:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

hopefully my system spec should appear in my signature now. I've just checked your guide again and I'm confident I've followed it accurately. I get the same info in my system profiler, just without the connection info.

the only difference I can find is that I'm using the gigabyte aerial (from the mobo) for two of the pigtail SMAs, and two conventional plastic antennae for the other two.

Stork, were you ever able to enable HDMI audio under Yosemite? I'm curious because I looked at this http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html thread and I'm having trouble following it.

I know we didn't use DSDT, so does that mean that I would need to follow only the bootloader part of the guide?

Stork, were you ever able to enable HDMI audio under Yosemite? I'm curious because I looked at this http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html thread and I'm having trouble following it.

I know we didn't use DSDT, so does that mean that I would need to follow only the bootloader part of the guide?
No, I don't use/need HDMI audio so I never tried it.

Hi i`m new here und i would really appreciate if you help me.

I have a few questions.
First is my setup ok?
I want an OS X and an Windows on the PC. Should i fist install OS X and then add Windows via BootCamp or should i install both standalone? (I have the Magic Trackpad, should be much easier to get it working via BootCamp)
What will work what will not work? I heard that the integrated Wifi-BT Card wount work complete (only BT). Anything else? Sound, USB Ports, iMessage, AppStore etc?

Yesterday i was able to install OS X with the following parameters "-x -v PCIRootUID=1 -no-zp".
But just with the onboard Graphics and only one RAM.

I want a new Installion with the GTX 750 Ti and both RAMs. But with that the installion will stop.

My Specs:
Board: GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU: i5-4440
Graphics: Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM: 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR-1600
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back