CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, this is my first post and beforehand, I would like to thank this great community for all the effort and support that you all bring to create a cheaper and more realistic macOS use. OK, by late 2016 I had a successful and easy build using the buyer's and installation guide from this forum, I'm still using the same components but after trying a clean install of macOS Mojave I keep getting stuck on the same place init: error getting PHY_MODE; using MODE_UNKNOWN. I tried every single USB port on my computer (not 3.0) and follow every single step in the installation guide multiple times, I also check other successful builds in this forum (with the same motherboard) used their BIOS settings and nothing, like I said my first build was so easy and the only thing I change month after the install was the wifi card, I installed the BCM94360CD and that fixed my bluetooth issue. Anyways here is the list of my components and a screenshot of the error, and my preview Multibeast configuration, thank you all and I will greatly appreciate any help, let me know if you need any more details, btw I also tried Sierra High and nothing.
Components:
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX (GA-Z170X-GAMING 5)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
XrJvE2UBR2yEBZzPyy21zQ.jpg

Attachments

• 4ghgxFfrSG6PAiJQQv1D0g.jpg
    4ghgxFfrSG6PAiJQQv1D0g.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 72
There are as yet no Mojave web drivers for your GTX 970.

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in the BIOS settings.

Hello everyone, this is my first post and beforehand, I would like to thank this great community for all the effort and support that you all bring to create a cheaper and more realistic macOS use. OK, by late 2016 I had a successful and easy build using the buyer's and installation guide from this forum, I'm still using the same components but after trying a clean install of macOS Mojave I keep getting stuck on the same place init: error getting PHY_MODE; using MODE_UNKNOWN. I tried every single USB port on my computer (not 3.0) and follow every single step in the installation guide multiple times, I also check other successful builds in this forum (with the same motherboard) used their BIOS settings and nothing, like I said my first build was so easy and the only thing I change month after the install was the wifi card, I installed the BCM94360CD and that fixed my bluetooth issue. Anyways here is the list of my components and a screenshot of the error, and my preview Multibeast configuration, thank you all and I will greatly appreciate any help, let me know if you need any more details, btw I also tried Sierra High and nothing.
Components:
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX (GA-Z170X-GAMING 5)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200)
View attachment 379170
  • If you have already ENABLED USB Controllers in the BIOS_Peripherals as you have stated and tried different USB ports , the other areas to find the cause for your problem with that boot error are:
    • EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other missing the following kexts:
      • USBInjectAll.kext
      • XHCIunsupported.kext
    • EFI/CLOVER/config.plist_Devices_USB : missing
      • [√]Inject
      • [√]FixOwnership
  • If you want help, you can attach your CLOVER from the USB Installer disk to the Forum post for someone to check and suggest how to fix.
    • For the steps to upload CLOVER as zipped file check the bulleted items-> #4

Thanks cmn699, I follow the link and uploaded the clover zip file, now I'll wait for the rescue, thanks.
Thanks cmn699, I follow the link and uploaded the clover zip file, now I'll wait for the rescue, thanks.
  • I am uploading the CLOVER as zipped after editing the following areas:
    • CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other (Also deleted all empty unneeded numbered kext folders)
    • config.plist _Boot (minimally) config.plist_Devices, config_plist_Graphics SECTIONS
  • Extract and replace your CLOVER with this edited one and boot.
  • Take photos of any problem Verbose screen to upload as you might need to do some editing of config.plist_ACPI which I have left as is until Verbose boot indicates it too may need editing.
Hope this helps you to reach macOS Utilities >Disk Utility> Partition and Format of Target HDD>macOS Installation

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 37
Thanks cmm699 I follow an install from youtube and finally was able to do it. Now I'm stuck on the post-installation, I got everything working (usb 2, 3, 3.1, bluetooth, wifi, ethernet, audio, imessage) the issue now is that every time I restart the computer I have to press DELETE (F12, select boot won't work) and boot from there in the SAVA & EXIT tab, any suggestions?

Attachments

• vNxd1+%OQ5KSiTZHWw3Bdw.jpg
    vNxd1+%OQ5KSiTZHWw3Bdw.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 1UUteTySReeNhqr36h%HnA.jpg
    1UUteTySReeNhqr36h%HnA.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 57
This is my current clover configuration. Thanks
I had given a CLOVER for using your Intel HD 530 as the Graphics Card as, your Nvidia GTX 970 IS NOT SUPPORTED in Mojave and P1LGRIM had already answered that question.
My edited CLOVER was to overcome your Prohibited Entry Error during boot `and also to help you with booting and installing on the hard disk using Intel HD Graphics 530.
Your current CLOVER is not anything like that.
You also did not upload any of the BIOS images I asked
you to upload to give you the help.
With your Nvidia GTX 970 you won't get good Video Display
The best thing you can do now is to change your BIOS_Peripherals to use IGFX as Initial Display with Chipset_DVMT Pre-Allocated of minimum 64M (preferably 128M) and
Save with F10 ,
Boot and shut down the Computer
and
Power Cable OFF,
change Video Cable
to HDMI of the Integrated INTEL HD 530 at the back Panel ,
Open the case and Remove the Nvidia GTX 970 from PCIE slot,
Reconnect the Power cable and reboot, check BIOS one more time for IGFX as Initial Display and
Boot System Disk to CBM screen.

In CBM screen in Options > Boot Args: type -v dart=0 -lilubeta -alcbeta -disablegfxfirmware and in GraphicsInjector->: edit and create

[√]Inject Intel
FakeID:0x19128086
*-platform-d:0x19120000

and boot the Mojave System disk and upload any verbose boot screen that is failing.
If it boots without problem to Desktop
Copy and paste the previously uploaded CLOVER from me on your mounted EFI of Hard Disk's EFI removing the existing CLOVER and reboot and attach a verbose boot screen if it fails.

I'm so sorry cmn699 but I forgot to mention that the install was with macOS High Sierra, I didn't want to give up video quality for the dark mode. The graphics card is working fine, I just need to fix the booting problem. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back