Motherboard
Alienware 15 R2
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530 / GTX 970M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to install MacOS Mojave on an Alienware 15 R2 using unibeast, but there is a prohibited sign at the end of apple progress bar or an output of "Still waiting for root device" in verbose mode.

The other user can solve this problem by using USB 2.0, but this laptop only have USB 3.0 and I tried all three of it's USB port, they have the same outcome.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to install MacOS Mojave on an Alienware 15 R2 using unibeast, but there is a prohibited sign at the end of apple progress bar or an output of "Still waiting for root device" in verbose mode.

The other user can solve this problem by using USB 2.0, but this laptop only have USB 3.0 and I tried all three of it's USB port, they have the same outcome.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks in advance.
make sure to use a USB2.0 Stick, try all ports

make sure to have USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other

make sure to use a USB2.0 Stick, try all ports

make sure to have USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other
The USB I was using is a PNY USB 2.0 FD Media 16Gb, so I think that it is a USB2.0 Stick
I am also using the boot flag -gux_defer_usb2
USBInjectAll.kext work for me, thanks

• There is another problem after I install the MacOS, logged into the system, there is the multiBeast to do the UEFI post-install, I do not know which driver to choose, so I just choose the audio driver, and the Intel graphics driver only have 630, but i7 6700HQ has 530, so I did not choose that.
  • The Progress bar of multiBeast stunk on installing VoodooAudio Drive, then the system rebooted and never entered into the system again, I think I need to re-install
  • And I verbose mode, the command line stop at(see attachment), after 10 min, the whole system reboot into windows
  • I am using a USB keyboard and mouse, the internal does not work, should I use OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller for this issue.

Attachments

• Verbose-after-using-multibeast.jpg
    Verbose-after-using-multibeast.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
The USB I was using is a PNY USB 2.0 FD Media 16Gb, so I think that it is a USB2.0 Stick
I am also using the boot flag -gux_defer_usb2
USBInjectAll.kext work for me, thanks

• There is another problem after I install the MacOS, logged into the system, there is the multiBeast to do the UEFI post-install
  • The Progress bar of multiBeast stunk on installing VoodooAudio Drive, then the system rebooted and never entered into the system again, I think I need to re-install
  • And I verbose mode, the command line stop at(see attachment), after 10 min, the whole system reboot into windows
  • I am using a USB keyboard and mouse, the internal does not work, should I use OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller for this issue.
multibeast is mainly for desktops
best to follow the laptop guide, post 2:

multibeast is mainly for desktops
best to follow the laptop guide, post 2:
I successfully boot into the system and have full keyboard, trackpad and even touchscreen in MacOS, the WiFi card is also working very thanks a lot.

This computer has a 4K screen, so which system definition should I choose, the default iMac 14,2 or the MacBook Pro.
I am not sure what meaning of MacBook Pro 9,2 to MacBook Pro 11,2 and which one should I choose.
  • The hardware acceleration for HD 530 is not working, the intel GPU only have 31MB, I tried to add WhateverGreen.kext to EFI/clover/kext/other ,but it is not working.
  • The battery sign is not present, so I can not tell my battery percentage. This might be relate to the iMac 14,2 default, but how can I change the plist to correct MacBook Pro in clover configurator. I assume just under SMBIOS and change Product Name.
    • If I need to change to MacBook Pro, which one should I choose to put in (from MacBook Pro 9,1 to MacBook Pro 11,2)
I attached my Clover folder in EFI for reference.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 41
I successfully boot into the system and have full keyboard, trackpad and even touchscreen in MacOS, the WiFi card is also working very thanks a lot.

This computer has a 4K screen, so which system definition should I choose, the default iMac 14,2 or the MacBook Pro.
I am not sure what meaning of MacBook Pro 9,2 to MacBook Pro 11,2 and which one should I choose.
  • The hardware acceleration for HD 530 is not working, the intel GPU only have 31MB, I tried to add WhateverGreen.kext to EFI/clover/kext/other ,but it is not working.
  • The battery sign is not present, so I can not tell my battery percentage. This might be relate to the iMac 14,2 default, but how can I change the plist to correct MacBook Pro in clover configurator. I assume just under SMBIOS and change Product Name.
    • If I need to change to MacBook Pro, which one should I choose to put in (from MacBook Pro 9,1 to MacBook Pro 11,2)
I attached my Clover folder in EFI for reference.
MacBookPro 13,1 would be best for your skylake laptop

iMac14,2 is a desktop, they don't have battery's so avoid that one :)

Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:

MacBookPro 13,1 would be best for your skylake laptop

iMac14,2 is a desktop, they don't have battery's so avoid that one :)

Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:
I was able to let battery sign appear by changing to MacBook Pro 13,1 and use applebatterymanagement kext, Thanks.

• hardware acceleration for HD 530 is not working, the intel GPU only have 31MB VRAM.
  • The debug zip file is included in attachment.

Attachments

• debug_14152.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 50
I was able to let battery sign appear by changing to MacBook Pro 13,1 and use applebatterymanagement kext, Thanks.

• hardware acceleration for HD 530 is not working, the intel GPU only have 31MB VRAM.
  • The debug zip file is included in attachment.
grab new config.plist from the laptop guide (linked above)

also install lilu and whatevergreen kexts to /Library/Extensions

grab new config.plist from the laptop guide (linked above)
also install lilu and whatevergreen kexts to /Library/Extensions
I installed lilu.kext then whatevergreen.kext using kext helper Kext Helper B7 via easy install.
Then I deleted my config.plist, paste the config_HD515_520_530_540.plist and rename it to config.plist
  • The Progress Bar stunk in about 50%, and hear a welcome beep (boot with injected kexts)
    • In verbose mode boot macOS with injected kexts stunk at:
      • Get incomplete channel sequence length 0. should be 16
    • In verbose mode boot macOS with selected options stunk at:
      • Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051
  • I am not sure which one is better, I always use boot macOS with injected kexts before this change.
I think the "Get incomplete channel sequence length 0. should be 16" is related to WiFi card, but I did not touch the kexts related to Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 and it works before. (kexts like BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext inside clover/kexts/other)

I attached both verbose mode outputs in the attachment.
Thanks.

Attachments

• verbose-with-injected-kexts.jpg
    verbose-with-injected-kexts.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
  • verbose-with-options.jpg
    verbose-with-options.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
I installed lilu.kext then whatevergreen.kext using kext helper Kext Helper B7 via easy install.
Then I deleted my config.plist, paste the config_HD515_520_530_540.plist and rename it to config.plist
  • The Progress Bar stunk in about 50%, and hear a welcome beep (boot with injected kexts)
    • In verbose mode boot macOS with injected kexts stunk at:
      • Get incomplete channel sequence length 0. should be 16
    • In verbose mode boot macOS with selected options stunk at:
      • Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1051
  • I am not sure which one is better, I always use boot macOS with injected kexts before this change.
I think the "Get incomplete channel sequence length 0. should be 16" is related to WiFi card after some googling, but I did not touch the kexts related to Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 and it works before. (kexts like BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext inside clover/kexts/other)

I attached both verbose mode outputs in the attachment.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back