Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68 AP-D3
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Graphics
Zotac Nvidia GTS 450 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
I have install Mac High Sierra latest 10.13.4 using unibeast legacy on APFS partition of my hd. I install multibeast with legacy mode and also install SATA controller 3rd Party SATA, Intel Generic AHCI SATA.. after than when I boot from my hd... It struck at com.apple.Filesystem.apfs... then still waiting for root device...

please help..

I have intel i5 2500k
GA-Z68 AP-D3
Nvidia GTS 450 1 GB
8 GB Ram

Iwhen I boot from my hd... It struck at com.apple.Filesystem.apfs... then still waiting for root device...
"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

I am not booting from USB.. I have successfully Install High Sierra on my HD with APFS... I have also install multibeast and also install SATA controller 3rd Party SATA, Intel Generic AHCI SATA..

Now I am booting from my Hard Disk... and it is stuck at com.Apple.FileSystem.APFS... then after some second.. the screen got damage and a circle with slash (/) appear on screen.. then it is showing.. "Still waiting for root device.."
please help

I am not booting from USB.. I have successfully Install High Sierra on my HD with APFS... I have also install multibeast and also install SATA controller 3rd Party SATA, Intel Generic AHCI SATA..

Now I am booting from my Hard Disk... and it is stuck at com.Apple.FileSystem.APFS... then after some second.. the screen got damage and a circle with slash (/) appear on screen.. then it is showing.. "Still waiting for root device.."
please help

• Do you have a Camera or Cell phone with Camera?
    • If the answer is "Yes", then proceed with the following , otherwise borrow one and proceed with the following
    • Take Pictures of the BIOS_screens of
      • 1.Advanced BIOS Features [See image for Example]
      • Integrated Peripherals [See Image for Example]
      • Upload the images to the Forum using [Upload a File] button located just under the message entry box to navigate to the Folders where you have saved the taken images ( and edited/annotated if you can)
  • If you can still boot using your USB installer disk and then switch to System Disk from Clover Boot Manager and reach the Desktop, then upload the CLOVER folder from your System disk as a zipped file.
  • If you need the steps for the above:
    • Download Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV) DOWNLOAD
    • Install and launch CCV and using "Mount EFI" on the "Tools" bar of CCV Windows Left Panel (bottom half)[See image ]
    • From the divided window of CCV that occurs when "Mount EFI" is clicked, locate your hard disk as "EFI on EFI YourHighSierraHDDName" and from its Right end click on "Mount Partition"
    • EFI Partition wil be mounted
    • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER R-click >Compress CLOVER
    • Upload a File>locate the zipped CLOVER file and Upload

Attachments

• 1.Advanced BIOS Features.png
    1.Advanced BIOS Features.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 2.Integrated Peripherals.png
    2.Integrated Peripherals.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 3.Mount EFI.png
    3.Mount EFI.png
    237 KB · Views: 142
  • Do you have a Camera or Cell phone with Camera?
    • If the answer is "Yes", then proceed with the following , otherwise borrow one and proceed with the following
    • Take Pictures of the BIOS_screens of
      • 1.Advanced BIOS Features [See image for Example]
      • Integrated Peripherals [See Image for Example]
      • Upload the images to the Forum using [Upload a File] button located just under the message entry box to navigate to the Folders where you have saved the taken images ( and edited/annotated if you can)
  • If you can still boot using your USB installer disk and then switch to System Disk from Clover Boot Manager and reach the Desktop, then upload the CLOVER folder from your System disk as a zipped file.
  • If you need the steps for the above:
    • Download Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV) DOWNLOAD
    • Install and launch CCV and using "Mount EFI" on the "Tools" bar of CCV Windows Left Panel (bottom half)[See image ]
    • From the divided window of CCV that occurs when "Mount EFI" is clicked, locate your hard disk as "EFI on EFI YourHighSierraHDDName" and from its Right end click on "Mount Partition"
    • EFI Partition wil be mounted
    • Click EFI>EFI>CLOVER R-click >Compress CLOVER
    • Upload a File>locate the zipped CLOVER file and Upload

As per your guidelines... I am attaching the photos and clover.zip
please help
there are some other partition like Preboot, Recovery and VM, is it good to have
and I have format my hdd to macOS Journaled (extended) then I convert into APFS..

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20180429_225957.jpg
    IMG_20180429_225957.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20180429_230025.jpg
    IMG_20180429_230025.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 10.42.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 10.42.36 AM.png
    303.8 KB · Views: 124
please help
there are some other partition like Preboot, Recovery and VM, is it good to have
and I have format my hdd to macOS Journaled (extended) then I convert into APFS..
you will need to change your onboard serial port to disable

you will need to change your onboard serial port to disable
I disable onboard serial port but now system struck at
HID: legacy shim 2

then same.. screen damage.. circle with slash (/) and
still waiting for root device

please help

• What type of hard disk are you installing the macOS High Sierra on?
    • Is that an SSD?
    • If SSD, keeping that as macOS Journaled (Extended) is a more Preferable format than APFS.
    • What is the BIOS version on your current BIOS?
  • As already recommended by feartech, Disable Serial Port
  • To prevent unwanted icons in CBM screen you have listed, you have to edit /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist _Gui_ Hide Volume and add (+) Preboot to the list of hidden volumes.
  • You may try editing your BIOS screen as shown in the edited image.
  • Please upload verbose boot screen images; let the readers figure out what is important on the text on screen you and they can see rather than you list selected text from the screen which may or may not indicate real problem that might have a troubleshoot.
  • Please verify whether your current PCIE video card Nvidia GTS 450 1GB is supported by macOS High Sierra you are trying to install either natively (unlikely) or through NVIDIA Webdrivers (doubt) before proceeding any further with current hardware.

Attachments

• 1.Boot Priority_edited.png
    1.Boot Priority_edited.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.Integrated Peripherals_edited.png
    2.Integrated Peripherals_edited.png
    342.7 KB · Views: 159
  • What type of hard disk are you installing the macOS High Sierra on?
    • Is that an SSD?
    • If SSD, keeping that as macOS Journaled (Extended) is a more Preferable format than APFS.
    • What is the BIOS version on your current BIOS?
  • As already recommended by feartech, Disable Serial Port
  • To prevent unwanted icons in CBM screen you have listed, you have to edit /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist _Gui_ Hide Volume and add (+) Preboot to the list of hidden volumes.
  • You may try editing your BIOS screen as shown in the edited image.
  • Please upload verbose boot screen images; let the readers figure out what is important on the text on screen you and they can see rather than you list selected text from the screen which may or may not indicate real problem that might have a troubleshoot.
  • Please verify whether your current PCIE video card Nvidia GTS 450 1GB is supported by macOS High Sierra you are trying to install either natively (unlikely) or through NVIDIA Webdrivers (doubt) before proceeding any further with current hardware.
I am using my internal Hitachi HDD 720 rpm not ssd.
I got one solution.. I have installed AppleAHCIPort.kext... Now I am able to boot... but after apple Logo... my monitor sleeps and after some seconds, computer get restart.... when I use nv_disable=1 boot flag.. then only I am able to reach desktop..

please help

I am using my internal Hitachi HDD 720 rpm not ssd.
I got one solution.. I have installed AppleAHCIPort.kext... Now I am able to boot... but after apple Logo... my monitor sleeps and after some seconds, computer get restart.... when I use nv_disable=1 boot flag.. then only I am able to reach desktop..

please help
I had already cautioned you in my earlier response of #8 and will add it again .
    • If you want to get Macintosh like display , you need a Graphics card that has kext support in Hackintosh.
  • I doubt your NVIDIA GTS 450 would cut the muster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back