Contribute
Register

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@eradicator006 and Stingray88
I had the same problem. You need the "HFSplus.efi".

Download it from here: (Replace _ with .)

http://disk_yandex_com/public/?hash=HrXQHsNEQ1vbPTq+pUFdzXfupY4+AhTpwH5yFDrpFow=

Extract the .zip and put the HFSPlus64.efi to EFI/drivers64 (or drivers64UEFI; depends on how you boot your system, but I think you'll need EFI/drivers64).

Reboot and enjoy!

Greetings,

xxmacmanxx

I appreciate the help, but unfortunately this was of no luck to me. I tried putting the HFSPlus64.efi in the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders, separately... and then both. Formatting my flash drive HFS and as well as FAT32, using the HFSPlus64.efi driver then... Nothing is working. My Mac HD just won't show up in the Clover :(

EDIT: Tried the Chameleon fix too. Still no dice... sigh...

Update: It's working now with Chimera and the FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules! Everyone said that it would only work with Chameleon, but I couldn't get it working with Chameleon... works with Chimera for me!

Excellent work by Slice, dmazar, apianti, pene, STLVNUB and others! Clover UEFI booting is amazing! Great work with CloverGrower STLVNUB, working the updates and package building. Thanks for your hard work! The only issue so far is Sleep and Speed-Steepping which is common and can be fixed with edits. About SpeedStepping, I have tried DropOemSSDT=No + GenerateC and PStates=Yes with no results. 16x and 38x are the only 2 states.

Edit:

Speed-Stepping works with SSDT.aml made by the newer SSDT script for ML.

Sleep works perfect!

Okay, I am stuck at work and haven't had the chance to try out your config.plist file with the Clover thumbdrive I made last night.

I am trying to accomplish several things: 1) move to Clover for a more vanilla Mac installation, 2) get my Mac App Store upgrades working, 3) get around Chimera 2.2 bug that chokes on attached Time Machine drives and 4) install with a recovery partition so things like Find My Mac work.

Granted, of the four, only 2 is critical for me right now, so I've been toying with creating a Clover bootloader to use long enough to get my apps updated, or at least try, assuming that something in the bootloader is responsible for the problem. I swear, pirates get their apps upgraded for free on a real mac, but hack users have to jump through hoops to use software they bought.

So I made this Clover thumbdrive, and after a few pokes at the thing got it seemingly booting Mavericks, albeit with the familiar goes-to-black-screen after the Apple logo problem I was experiencing with Chimera at first.

My problem is that I'm not sure whether I need to load kexts or tinker with the config.plist or both, and I don't really know what it was that made Chimera start working. I got it to boot the Unibeast USB thumbdrive with Mavericks installer by just copying my working Extra folder from ML to it.

I'm using a non-UEFI motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P, socket 775, Core2 Quad 8300 @ 2-2.5GHz depending on whim of BIOS, a different question) and an NV GT 430 graphics card (1G). Mavericks is up and running, booting great with a DSDT.aml and pretty straightforward other than that, with only 81XX Ethernet and 889A sound added, besides default kexts that go with UserDSDT option. I grabbed from another website, has been working great for a couple of years now from 10.6.8 through 10.9. GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

So it seems Clover is almost able to boot my working Mavericks install, and I want to get it perfected, of course, before I install it on the HD permanently

Any tips for addressing the screen-goes-to-black issue? I'm sure I can address the others after the fact, once I get it to boot, but it seems that it's close to working after only minimal effort so far. It seems to boot, and there is HD activity in the dark, but I don't know what it's really doing, honestly.

I'd offer more details of my working setup, but I'm at work and don't have access to them at the moment. Thanks!

Thank you. This was driving me insane. Once I plugged my Apple keyboard to a regular USB2 port, Clover reacted to keystroke commands.

-Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back