Contribute
Register

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here, clover doesn't boot on a real Mac Pro.

I have an original Mac Pro 1,1 where i have loaded Mountain Lion using Chameleon.

Like everyone else i've not got Messages working, but don't think Clover is supported on a Mac pro. or at least when i copy Clover to my USB drive it doesn't come up as an EFI drive. I've tried GUID formatting and MBR formatting and am using Apple Extended.

Has anyone with a proper (unsupported) Mac with Mountain Lion installed managed to get this fix to work?

Or do i have to keep my fingers crossed that a fix comes out for Chameleon, i guess i'm in no mans land at the moment not quite a Macintosh not quite a Hackintosh.

ANy help appreciated

Cheers

Mik

I'm not having any luck with this method. I've installed Clover to my USB flash drive, boot to it... and my OS X installation simply doesn't show up as an available boot option. I tried loading the "legacy boot" option in the list, which I thought could be OS X, but it never loads. I get a clover loading icon, but nothing happens after that.

I've tried formatting the USB drive as both HFS and FAT32, neither works.

Anyone got suggestions?

I'm not having any luck with this method. I've installed Clover to my USB flash drive, boot to it... and my OS X installation simply doesn't show up as an available boot option. I tried loading the "legacy boot" option in the list, which I thought could be OS X, but it never loads. I get a clover loading icon, but nothing happens after that.

I've tried formatting the USB drive as both HFS and FAT32, neither works.

Anyone got suggestions?

Same problem here. I'm not sure what's going on.

I do have 2 hdds.

HDD 1: MBR with 3 partitions; System Reserved, Windows 7, Data
HDD 2: GPT Macintosh HD

I've installed clover to a 16GB USB memory stick. It boots up fine but only shows the 3 windows partitions on hdd 1.

Tried formatting memory stick to fat32 and also hfs. Same result on either formats.

This fix worked perfectly for me using Clover_V2_r1022 installed on USB drive formatted as MAC OS Extended partition with GUID. Used the custom config.plist and changed the GraphicsInjector string to "No" and the ProductName string to "MacPro3,1" to match my configuration.

Didn't need GraphicsInjector on since ML natively supports my NVIDIA GTX 670. GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev 1.0) F19E BIOS. Used an USB Apple Keyboard in Clover.

Thank you mucho. :)

Same problem here. I'm not sure what's going on.

I do have 2 hdds.

HDD 1: MBR with 3 partitions; System Reserved, Windows 7, Data
HDD 2: GPT Macintosh HD

I've installed clover to a 16GB USB memory stick. It boots up fine but only shows the 3 windows partitions on hdd 1.

Tried formatting memory stick to fat32 and also hfs. Same result on either formats.

Exactly. Same deal with me, I've got two bootable disks, Windows and OS X. Only Windows is bootable from Clover, OS X doesn't appear to be an option.

@eradicator006 and Stingray88
I had the same problem. You need the "HFSplus.efi".

Download it from here: (Replace _ with .)

http://disk_yandex_com/public/?hash=HrXQHsNEQ1vbPTq+pUFdzXfupY4+AhTpwH5yFDrpFow=

Extract the .zip and put the HFSPlus64.efi to EFI/drivers64 (or drivers64UEFI; depends on how you boot your system, but I think you'll need EFI/drivers64).

Reboot and enjoy!

Greetings,

xxmacmanxx

I didn't realize there was a fix using chameleon. I've been using chameleon for a while now. I just updated my svn repo to 2171 and copied the nvram module to /extra/modules. I still can't get imessage to work. I think I am getting closer though because now I get a message saying "Your apple id "blah blah" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time". It gives me a customer code to contact support with.

EDIT: Ok I see that the nvram plist file isn't being generated. I wonder if this has to do with me booting chameleon off of the efi partition.

I have successfully booted Clover UEFI on a USB and moved it to my hard drive. I am only using 4 Drivers in EFI/drivers64UEFI. I have been testing and changing the ACPI config.plist to try to get Speed-Stepping working. GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes EnableISS=Yes DropOemSSDT=Yes. Does not seem to work for me in any combination. Anyone have success with Speed-Stepping on an Ivy Bridge i5-3570K without DSDT and SSDT?

CloverGrower works very well! I used it to compile r1023 revision of Clover.

Attachments

• config.plist
    955 bytes · Views: 524
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back