Contribute
Register

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did forget that I had my keyboard and mouse plugged into USB3 port for a while so couldn't do anything at Clover boot screen :crazy:. Once that senior moment was out of the way it worked like a charm. Thanks very much :)

Thank you, misterleekub.
I was helped very much with your easy and step-by-step guidance, and my 2 hacs are working fine now.

Glad they are. ^__^
all cheers to tonymacx86 and those master minds behind all these developments so far.

I did forget that I had my keyboard and mouse plugged into USB3 port for a while so couldn't do anything at Clover boot screen :crazy:. Once that senior moment was out of the way it worked like a charm. Thanks very much :)

I am having a similar issues. I followed the guide, made a bootable USB, but I can not move the mouse or use the keyboard at the Clover boot screen. I only have USB 2.0, mobo is a EX58-UD5. I have also tried making the USB with the x64 drivers. I have noticed that I now have a nvram.plist and boot.log files in my root directory on all typical boots using Chimera. Anyone have any thoughts?

I feel like I'm missing something simple.

I have an Ivy 3570K, with z77-ds3h
on an SSD, with the chimera bootloader everything runs perfectly well.

I downloaded clover using clovergrower and ran the pkg, installed clover on a usb flash drive without a hitch.
I can boot onto the flash drive get to clover boot menu.

But mine does not say Boot OSX on HDName, instead I have "Boot Legacy on Legacy HD"
(next to it my windows partitions that I never use (system reserve and the actual windows partition) both say "Boot Windows on Legacy HD"), so why would it not recognized osx (GUID with HFS like it should)

anyway I booted the Legacy which should technically correspond to my OSX install, I get a "loading screen" with a little logo in the center (instead of the gray apple I suppose) and that's it, it stays there forever (Left it for at least 5min), nothing to tell me something went wrong.

I tried -v in the config, but does same as above... no verbose output...
tried imac 12.1, and macpro 5.1 (which I use with my chimera boot)
I have a 17 charachters serial number

please help or point me in the right direction, thank you.

I had a similar issue. Boot from OSX on Mac HD did not show up. Ended up being that I forgot to reformat to HFS, thumbdrive was still on FAT. Clover worked and was able to boot my system, but it didn't fix the issue when I tried. Now it's working fine.

I am attempting to use Clover on a USB stick. It boots fine (Seems faster to get to desktop then chimera) but shortly after desktop loads it reboots.
I have my dsts installed in the patched folder. It is a gigabyte p55 USB3 MB.

Also my onboard sound is not working. I am using the AppleHDA rollback and booting chimera audio works.

Where should I look to see why the system is restarting?

Worked like a charm and it didn't messed up anything on my Hack as much as I can tell for now. I wasn't willing to take any chance to mess my boot loader, so this method is the best I could expect at the moment.
But I need to add that I changed my serial number to a 17 digit before trying this method, so this may helped avoiding an issue with clover and this 11-12 vs 17 digit serial number.
And in the config.plist, I changed the productname to match mine as advised earlier in the topic.

Didn't work here!. The first boot with Clover goes fine but when i restart the OS without the stick, nothing different happens with iMessage. The error continues!

I had a similar issue. Boot from OSX on Mac HD did not show up. Ended up being that I forgot to reformat to HFS, thumbdrive was still on FAT. Clover worked and was able to boot my system, but it didn't fix the issue when I tried. Now it's working fine.

Wow thanks! I knew it had to be something simple, since everyone had so much success booting with clover.
Actually the official clover page on insanely mac said to format it in Fat32 that's why I did it, but like you said it has to be HFS to recognize and boot osx

Anyway thanks again to you and everyone involved, worked like a charm and iMessage worked perfectly well.

Were you able to log in Messages once in OSX after the clover boot ?

Yes, i logged in with Clover sticked. After remove it, same message of connection error.

Still trying to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back