Contribute
Register

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am attempting to use Clover on a USB stick. It boots fine (Seems faster to get to desktop then chimera) but shortly after desktop loads it reboots.
I have my dsts installed in the patched folder. It is a gigabyte p55 USB3 MB.

Where should I look to see why the system is restarting?

Same here with the reboot after desktop loads. Gigabyte EP45-UD3R

Any thoughts, anyone?

TIA

-Joe

Still trying to make it work.

I am having the same problem. I won't have access to my machine until Thursday, but I am looking at trying the SMBIOS viewer from the below link to compare the SMBIOS values between Clover and Chimera to see if I can figure out what is causing OS X to log out of iMessage between reboots.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2208

Not sure if it helps you...

It may have something to do with the way your hack reboots. Indeed, once logged in using the usb clover pendrive, I shut my computer down. Then boot, and it was still working. But as the OP said, if you sign out, it will stop working. So I assume when you reboot, it's signing out.

And I'm still wondering why we're having this issue. I thought it was serial number related, but changing it doesn't seem to be enough.

Thank You!Works!
But I'm using Z68ZP UD4 with UEFI Ug1 and I had to format my pendrive as Fat32..because as HFS it doesn't boot even the bootlader!

Thank you it work perfectly for me, i just changed GraphicEnabler to No. Thank you again for your work.

Have the same problem like you with the blank name so I did it again and this time copy all the my smbios.plist data from the Extra folder to the config.plist in the EFI folder...
In the smbios.plist the data are a little different because you have an <key>SMproductname</key> instead of a <key>ProductName</key> SO you need to take out all the "SM" stuff...
go from:
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-00000000</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>00000000000</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>

to:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
<key>BoardProduct</key>
<string>Mac-00000000</string>
<key>Family</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>Serial</key>
<string>00000000000</string>
</dict>

Reboot with the clover stick with the new change, and change or add your computer name in System Preferences-->Sharing after that login to iMessages and restart
normally...
The computer name should be their, if not just readd it again in the system Preferences and it should stay AND iMessages should NOT logout... (It didn't log out for me...)
(I also read on some site that you can add your mackintosh DSDT.aml to Clover ACPI/patched folder. This help me for start my second hackintoch with clover)

After this I have it working again. I have to re-register team viewer, so I guess I'll have to do it with some other app, but iMessage is working fine now.

This post seems like a pretty good temporary fix, as you can maintain what's working on your system disk, and keep Clover separated onto a USB thumb. Then just go back to what was working beforehand. The system will keep you logged into iMessage upon reboots even if booting from Chameleon/Chimera.

Apologies for those who are having issues with iMessage on their rigs. And thanks to everyone who's contributed testing time and research into the temporary fixes and workarounds. Still on the road to a real fix for Chameleon/Chimera. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...age-requires-clover-alternate-bootloader.html

Hi everyone!
First off thanks for making such an easy guide for noobs.. ( like me :D ) but unfortunately it wasn't noob-friendly enough. By MISTAKE I went too fast and installed Clover onto the HDD and then on the pendrive.... now if i boot my system without the pendrive it goes into a weird gigabyte bios menu, and if i boot with the pendrive into clover and click my partition, the screen goes black and immediately returns to clover bootloader...!!
Please help! I have put a lot of time making this system perfect and now just because of imessage im unable to get back into my system and i would like to avoid a fresh install !

Thankssss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back