Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 780 TI, GTX 560
Hi, I have been trying to get my 10gig ethernet card to work on my Hackintosh but it says that a cable is unplugged when trying to use it.

The motherboard we are using is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H and the PCI Express card is the mac compatible '1 Port PCI Express 10GBase-T Ethernet Network Card' part number: ST10000SPEX.
http://www.startech.com/uk/Networking-IO/Adapter-Cards/10gb-pcie-nic~ST10000SPEX

We have since tried putting it in an official Mac Pro 4.1 tower and it works perfectly (Plug and Play) after installing the included driver.

Does anybody have any experience as to why this would be happening on a Hackintosh as apposed to an official mac pro?

Thanks
Tom

Hi,

Out of curiosity, what OSX version are you trying? Is your Mac Pro the same OSX version? What is your driver version?
The latest OSX driver for this card (1.48) is for OSX 10.10 or newer and will not work with 10.9 or older.

Regards,
Nir.

Yes we have the latest driver and both are running 10.10.3 on Yosemite.

I have the same card and I am having some issues with it. I can connect but it will the connection will drop randomly. Did you get your card to work? Any how to make the connection stable?

Nope we never got it working successfully.

We found out that it only works in a 16x PCI lane and never got it to work in a Hackintosh. It connected like you said and then dropped as if it was unmounted.

We are even having problems in an official mac pro tower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back