Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have this same configuration and I can't install it. The OS thing is not there

"I just cannot find in my BIOS settings this root,
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS"

Motherboard
MSI H370m
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
R9 280x
First, you should use boot arg -v to check wheret the problem is. And with bios .140 on h370m bazooka, i had apfs moudle start problem, after getting help from the forum, downgrade the bios to .10, and with using Nicoras's efi folder, i got installed.

Motherboard
MSI H370 Bazooka
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First, you should use boot arg -v to check wheret the problem is. And with bios .140 on h370m bazooka, i had apfs moudle start problem, after getting help from the forum, downgrade the bios to .10, and with using Nicoras's efi folder, i got installed.

Thank you, mate!!!!!!

I just did what you said. I downgrade my BIOS to ,10 and tried with installation and..... YEAH, I've got Mojave!

Now I am checking if hardware works correctly but, its a big step!

Thank you so much!

Motherboard
MSI H310M Pro - VH
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
UHD 630 / GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/page-66

Check my EFI ... It may work on the Bazooka. Also stay away from MSI's latest BIOS ... I think it breaks USB boot, you can try updating the BIOS after you install mojave , though any recovery will have to be using virtualbox in another OS or mounting EFI in linux and manually copying kexts or EFI temporarily. ..

Note : SLeep/Wake hasnt been tried yet on my EFI but HW acceleration works on HDMI port for my board which should hopefully have similar layout on all non Z MSI boards ...

Motherboard
MSI H310M Pro - VH
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
UHD 630 / GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/page-66

Check my EFI ... It may work on the Bazooka. Also stay away from MSI's latest BIOS ... I think it breaks USB boot, you can try updating the BIOS after you install mojave , though any recovery will have to be using virtualbox in another OS or mounting EFI in linux and manually copying kexts or EFI temporarily. ..

Note : SLeep/Wake hasnt been tried yet on my EFI but HW acceleration works on HDMI port for my board which should hopefully have similar layout on all non Z MSI boards ...

I would suggest to only copy connector patches in the config.plist at first if you already have a hackintosh running but no acceleration on UHD 630 which was basically my goal because otherwise Hackintosh installed pretty easily ...

Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I have a post installation question. Did you use CCG to mount the EFI partition and copy all the EFI contents from the external USB drive? If so, did you have to do anything else?

Motherboard
Z690I Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Plus (DDR5)
CPU
i9-12900KS
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I think we should start listing the BIOS versions that are compatible to further increase the usability of the guide.

Motherboard
MSI H370m Bazooka
CPU
i5 9600k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
What if I'm using a i5-9600K? Is the BIOS downgrade still an option for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.