Contribute
Register

SSDT or clover patch to disable super I/O (serial port) on GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative; I made sure automerge was enabled, rebuilt kext cache before reboot, and UIA is completely uninstalled from my system

Negative; I made sure automerge was enabled, rebuilt kext cache before reboot, and UIA is completely uninstalled from my system

Use the drop table.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.14.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.14.00 AM.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 77
Is the length arbitrary or board specific?

If still doesn't work, use the new DSDT.aml, replace the old one.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 65

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.21.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.21.52 AM.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 80
It worked! That being said, some ports report a bit weird in Hackintool (maybe I'm just used to how it's supposed to look with USBInjectall). HS07 is showing up as internal, which I find odd; also, is it typical for the USB2 part of a USB3 port to be reported as USB2 for connector type?

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 10.24.39 PM.png

It worked! That being said, some ports report a bit weird in Hackintool (maybe I'm just used to how it's supposed to look with USBInjectall). HS07 is showing up as internal, which I find odd; also, is it typical for the USB2 part of a USB3 port to be reported as USB2 for connector type?

View attachment 437177

Please a IORestryExplorer dump for me, we are not done yet, now extra power for the usb.

Edit: New SSDT fixing the port 7 as internal.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.aml.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
Attached!

Attachments

• ioregdump.ioreg
    8.8 MB · Views: 63
Attached!

Look up for new SSDT. The port HS 04/ SS 04 for the display will look internal, its a trick to send extra power for apple devices like for example when you charge an iPhone or iPad.

Look at my usb hub to my display, I can insert any device and sends extra power.

Can you test the ports from the display?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.45.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.45.16 AM.png
    330 KB · Views: 75
Look up for new SSDT. The port HS 04/ SS 04 for the display will look internal, its a trick to send extra power for apple devices like for example when you charge an iPhone or iPad.

Look at my usb hub to my display, I can insert any device and sends extra power.

Can you test the ports from the display?

How do you trick it to provide extra power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back