Contribute
Register

SSDT or clover patch to disable super I/O (serial port) on GIGABYTE Z390 M GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it did not work; UAR1 is still showing up in IOReg, and a serial network connection is still showing up in system preferences.

Unfortunately I cannot revert back to F7 for multiple reasons.
1.) GIGABYTE did something to prevent rollbacks
2.) this update dramatically reduced the issue of "cannot allocate runtime area" errors, and I've actually been able to switch to AptioMemoryFix.

If you are able to boot without seeing the UART error in verbose, then the serial port should not be an issue.

Unfortunately it did not work; UAR1 is still showing up in IOReg, and a serial network connection is still showing up in system preferences.

Post a picture with "a serial network connection is still showing up in system preferences".

Edit : rebuilt kext cache and permissions.

Found something, try again with this one.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    46.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
That seemed to work as far as disabling UAR1 (it no longer shows up in IOReg). Unfortunately, error 11556 is still showing up when I try to connect to Apple Music (which is odd as removing the serial connection in network settings always used to resolve the problem).

EDIT: in network preferences, switching my primary ethernet connection from DHCP to off, and from off back to DHCP seems to resolve the problem. I know this isn't a network issue as my MacBook Pro never has this problem.

EDIT2: What changes did you make to my DSDT that successfully disabled my serial port?

Last edited:
C++:
                Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0501"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
                    Name (_UID, One)  // _UID: Unique ID
                    Name (LDN, 0x02)
                    Method (_STA, 0, Serialized)  // _STA: Status
                    {
                        If (And (IOST, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (0x0F)
                        }
                        Else
                        {
                            Return (Zero)
                        }

_UID from Zero to One and IOST from One to Zero, the changes from the past DSDT I uploaded.

Remember to rebuilt kext cache and permissions after every changes.

Edit : I think its solved.

Got it, thank you for the edit; I'm trying to better familiarize myself with DSDT patching, as I'd like to reduce the number of clover hotpatches I need. From what I can gather, doing simple renames in DSDT often are not worth it, but perhaps some of the fixes are good options (ex FixHPET) for DSDT patching?

Got it, thank you for the edit; I'm trying to better familiarize myself with DSDT patching, as I'd like to reduce the number of clover hotpatches I need. From what I can gather, doing simple renames in DSDT often are not worth it, but perhaps some of the fixes are good options (ex FixHPET) for DSDT patching?

Look here for RehabMan, he is the godfather of DSDT and SSDT.
Its about coding in C++.
You can do anything with editing the DSDT, for example I have native usb working without any usb kext in clover/others.

Creating a USB SSDT that's completely independent of any injector kext is something I definitely want to get done. Right now, I'm using RehabMan's USBInject all method, and while it works pretty well, I know a truly native option will work even better.

Creating a USB SSDT that's completely independent of any injector kext is something I definitely want to get done. Right now, I'm using RehabMan's USBInject all method, and while it works pretty well, I know a truly native option will work even better.

Can you use Hackintool and post a map of your usb ports?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 2.42.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 2.42.38 AM.png
    483.7 KB · Views: 102
I have also attached my UIA SSDTs, as well as the codeless kext Hackintool generates.

EDIT: If I were to use the port limit removal patch, I would have HS 01 - 14, SS01 - 10, USR1, and USR2

EDIT #2 There is a mistake present in Hackintool. I forgot to change the connector type for HS02/SS02 to USB-C switched (Connector type 9). I think this is reflected in my SSDT though. Here is a new screenshot to reflect those changes.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 8.04.45 PM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-Z390-SW.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back