Contribute
Register

SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys!

Please help me/us to solve this SSDT mystery. I have a i5-3570K at original turbo(3.8) just to make sure it works.
I've been trying to get a working SSDT for days, but it doesn't matter what I try, nothing works.

My method, what I puzzled together:

I booted on a working Clover system, with an iMac 13,2 smbios, own created DSDT and generated p-states,c-states by Clover.

Run the newest ssdtPRGen. Okay, it has the same screen like everyone else has, ssdt.aml on my desktop, good.
But if I put it into EFI/..ACPI/patched folder and change the values in Clover Configurator (uncheck everything on Acpi screen, write in drop ssdt tables stuff (CpuPM and Cpu0Ist) and even uncheck ASUS AICPUPM in Kernel settings (Apple RTC is on) and reboot, it won't boot just stops somewhere at SW swap on line comes in and hangs while some other unneeded lines show up, like bluetooth error stuff, etc...
Other SMbioses don't work neither, they don't even boot up. I only can boot with iMac 12,2 and 13,1, but then I'll have 800mhz only, nothing else.

My question is, can anyone tell me/us what are the exact steps to make a custom SSDT work with Clover boot loader? What are the needed settings in Clover configurator, what smbios is the best, etc.

I have a 6870 graphics card, but I think i know how to make it work with other SMbioses, like I know there is a way to copy mac mini 6,2 ring tables into another plist in IOPlatformpluginfamily.kext.

I guess there is something tiny little stuff I forget to do or don't know about.

Thanks, anyone :)

my mackintosh ran to ssdt problem in yosemite. Can someone help me out please .

i ran MaciASL tool to make a new dsdt for yosemite system, then i used Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh to create new SSDT. The process turned out to be fine, however when i install SSDT and reboot. check again on HWmonitor, the frequencies on each core downs to x8 and sit there forever.

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
v14.1 Copyright (c) 2013-2014 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz'

Scope (_PR_) {220 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'iMac13,2' with board-id [Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4]
Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770 processor [0x306A9] setup [0x0703]
With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 5 (3500-3900 MHz)
Number of P-States: 24 (1600-3900 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130117-64 [Jan 19 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: /Users/nguyen/Desktop/ssdt.dsl - 302 lines, 8805 bytes, 70 keywords
AML Output: /Users/nguyen/Desktop/ssdt.aml - 1965 bytes, 28 named objects, 42 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

My spec: p8z77 v lk patched bios v1001
i7 3770 cpu

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    45.1 KB · Views: 128
  • SSDT.aml
    1.9 KB · Views: 132
I am in the same boat as the two guys above me. Been trying for days to get a working SSDT that gives me more than 4 states.

My system is as follows:

- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.0 (using BIOS F16 mod11)
- Intel i7 3770k at default clock speed - 3.50GHz with Turbo up to 3.90Ghz
- Clover Bootloader booting in UEFI

I am using pikerAlpha's SSDT generation script and have tried several argument combinations and SMBios combinations.

If I use -w 3 argument when running the script, I can achieve P-States 16/37/38/39
If I use anything other than -w 3, all I get is is P-State 8 (800mhz).

I have tried all of the iMac SMBios's, MacPro3,1 (although this tends to idle at 3.70GHz rather than 1.60GHz). I tried Macmini but it fails to boot to the desktop, the screen just eventually switches off.

I am nearing the end of my efforts in trying to get it working. Any advice welcome.

Update:

So finally I got it work. It was not easy for the first time, but I understood the read me file and this is what I used for the script: "-p 'i5 3570K' -turbo 4200 -x 1"

Now I have checked drop OEM, xcpi -1, ncpi=0x3000 and drop tables typed in and unchecked generateP,C states.
Now I have 6 states AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 25 29 34 38 42 ] with imac13,2 and even with macmini6,2.

Am I done? Is this enough for proper PM?

Thanks

Something has clearly changed with Yosemite and power management. My SSDT was working fine with clover and Mavericks giving me ~10 states. Now I only get 16 37 38 39 with my 3770k. I've redone the SSDT and I'm sure it's on par, especially because it was working before. Has anyone documented what's different now? I can't really find all that many people even noticing this. Maybe the ivy's are too far gone for most to care now.

edit, to other's with the 3770k or similary ivy chips, try running the script with:

ssdtPRGen.sh -c 1 -d 3 -w 2 -x 1

then enable the new bootflag "-xcpm" (no quotes) in arguments

In bios set turbo "enable" and set turbo boost values by there actual numerical value not "Auto". disable C6/C7 and C1E

make sure all state generation in clover is off.

This seems to have gotten me better steps, at least more of them in the 20's.

Something has clearly changed with Yosemite and power management. My SSDT was working fine with clover and Mavericks giving me ~10 states. Now I only get 16 37 38 39 with my 3770k. I've redone the SSDT and I'm sure it's on par, especially because it was working before. Has anyone documented what's different now? I can't really find all that many people even noticing this. Maybe the ivy's are too far gone for most to care now.

edit, to other's with the 3770k or similary ivy chips, try running the script with:

ssdtPRGen.sh -c 1 -d 3 -w 2 -x 1

then enable the new bootflag "-xcpm" (no quotes) in arguments

In bios set turbo "enable" and set turbo boost values by there actual numerical value not "Auto". disable C6/C7 and C1E

make sure all state generation in clover is off.

This seems to have gotten me better steps, at least more of them in the 20's.

Try to generate SSDT with
Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3
I had similar issue. Here.

alright, thanks I'll play around with that, stupid question for you though, what are you monitoring that with in terminal? I've only known the kext method -kextloading / unloading msrdumper...
No stupid question, don't worry. Install the attached kext, reboot and run this command in terminal
Code:
cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:"

All credits to PikerAlpha

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 141
Something has clearly changed with Yosemite and power management. My SSDT was working fine with clover and Mavericks giving me ~10 states. Now I only get 16 37 38 39 with my 3770k.

I think this too, my i7-3970 don't slow down like in Mavericks (same settings) now 3.6 to 4.2Ghz but i don't remember mavericks values.
the script don't work any more (It seems that MacPro6,1 not supported by Sandy Bridge)

BUT : When in render 3D images, my cpu warms far less than before (Still got a 22313 GeekBench score)

Hello

Can anyone assist me in making an SSDT for my system (see sig/profile)

i7 2600 (non K)

PHP:
sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh

This incorrectly identifies my SMBIOS as imac 13,2 when it is infact 12,2

Also there is a warning:

'CPU type may be set improperly (0x0703 instead of 0x0603)

Error: board ID is not supported by SandyBridge - check SMB IOS date / use the -C option

Please advise

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back