Contribute
Register

SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

I need some help. I have a core i5 3470 Cpu and i can"t get x36 multiplier just x16, x34. I'm using ssdt with drop ssdt and generate c and p states in the boot.plist. I have no idea why can not get x36. I'm usaing a mac mini 6,2 simbios. If i diasabled EIST it is working wit x34, but if i enabled it it is stuck at x32. Please let me know if somebody have any idea what should i do. Thank You!

Can anyone help with this problem

When I run the ssdtPRGen.app it it just exits in the terminal. I am just running it from the desktop.

Last login: Sun Aug 4 15:59:21 on ttys000
localhost:~ MMMMMM$ /Users/MMMMMM/ssdtPRGen.command ; exit;

sdtPRGen.sh v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by Pike R. Alpha
----------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I guess it just hangs. Any ideas?

really need some help with a asrock z77 pro4 i5-3750k system that is running fine but is lacking power-management. i have flash a modified bios to the board...i have installed ML extracted virgin dsdt... patched using maciasl...generated ssdt using the ssdtprgen...installed drivers thru multibeast...installed pre modified appleintelcpupowermanagement.. installed msrdumper... tested for states only getting 4.. i tried sleep no go.. i have tried alot of troubleshooting but i just can't seem to find the solution i need.. ive read till i just have too much info and am starting to confuse myself.. if u could shine some light my way it would be much appreciated...

Attachments

• DSDT.rar
    13.9 KB · Views: 70
  • ioreg.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 97
  • ssdt.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 150
really need some help with a asrock z77 pro4 i5-3750k system that is running fine but is lacking power-management. i have flash a modified bios to the board...i have installed ML extracted virgin dsdt... patched using maciasl...generated ssdt using the ssdtprgen...installed drivers thru multibeast...installed pre modified appleintelcpupowermanagement.. installed msrdumper... tested for states only getting 4.. i tried sleep no go.. i have tried alot of troubleshooting but i just can't seem to find the solution i need.. ive read till i just have too much info and am starting to confuse myself.. if u could shine some light my way it would be much appreciated...

You're using mac mini 5,1 as Sys Def... Mac Mini 6,2 is the best match for Ivy Bridge Power Management

just loaded the sysdefs restarted and no go.. but im assuming that means im gonna have to regenerate ssdt and dsdt
Try with just a new ssdt.aml, it should be enough

Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a Macmini6,2 [Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED]
Ivy Bridge Core i5-3570K processor [0x306A9] setup [0x0601]
With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3500-3800 MHz)
Number of P-States: 23 (1600-3800 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)
Warning: Model identifier [Macmini6,2] is missing from: /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0601 instead of 0x0701)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130117-64 [Jan 19 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: /Users/Keenan/Desktop/ssdt_pr.dsl - 232 lines, 7463 bytes, 37 keywords
AML Output: /Users/Keenan/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml - 1375 bytes, 15 named objects, 22 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Warning: Failed to locate the Clover boot.log
Creating temporarily mount point: /Volumes/EFI
Mounting EFI partition...
mount_hfs: Invalid argument

that is the readout of my ssdtprgen.... i used multibeast to load the sysdefs

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0601 instead of 0x0701)
This warning may depend from MacMini 6,2 instead of MacMini 6,1 or from dsdt (It's just a guess). Try to re-generate ssdt.aml after proper dsdt.aml install, and see if the warning still remains. It should be working anyway. Don't forget to rename ssdt_pr.aml as ssdt.aml.
Then, to check proper Ivy Bridge speed steps take a look at this thread

ok i now have sleep working if i delete my dsdt but then i lose my audio including hdmi...and the monitor doesnt come back.. so i would assume then my error or lack of info is in my dsdt

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 74
ok i now have sleep working if i delete my dsdt but then i lose my audio including hdmi...and the monitor doesnt come back.. so i would assume then my error or lack of info is in my dsdt
Please do not discuss unrelated issues (DSDT/sleep problems) here. Keep your posts on-topic. Thanks.

Also. You should use the vanilla/factory AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and not some edited one. Run ssdtPRGen.sh and drop the factory SSDT tables. Then open IORegistryExplorer and post a dump here with the correct Macmini6,1 or Macmini6.2 SMBIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back