Contribute
Register

SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'am trying a lot but can't seem to make Clover work with Macmini6,2 smbios. It always hangs on startup.
I've tried editing PlatformSupport.plist but it didn't solve the problem. Can anyone guide me in right direction please?

Attachments

• PlatformSupport.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 324
  • config.plist
    913 bytes · Views: 237
  • SSDT-7.aml
    1.3 KB · Views: 113
You should invert order values like ~/Download/ssdtPRGen.sh 4100 77

thanks giacomoleopardo! that fixed it and my geekbench scores are now look a little better ~14k

though i'm seeing 17k when i run geekbench on my win7 partition =\

Hi, I'am trying a lot but can't seem to make Clover work with Macmini6,2 smbios. It always hangs on startup.
I've tried editing PlatformSupport.plist but it didn't solve the problem. Can anyone guide me in right direction please?
I don't think that your problem with Clover is related to power management and thus we here cannot help you with it.

Please open a new thread somewhere else. Presumably in the Clover (developers) forum because that would be your best bet to get the help you need.

p.s. I'm not even going to ask why you have that much (at least seven) SSDT tables...

I've run the script, but have run into cpu/board incompatibilities and I'm not sure which I should choose.

Code:
ssdtPRGen.sh i7-2600K 4600 90 0

sdtPRGen.sh v6.1 Copyright (c) 2013 by Pike R. Alpha
----------------------------------------------------------------
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a MacPro3,1 [Mac-F42C88C8]
Sandy Bridge Core i7-2600K processor [0x0701] setup
With a maximum TDP of 95 Watt, as specified by Intel
Override value: Max Turbo Frequency, now using: 4600 MHz!
Override value: Max TDP, now using: 90 Watt!
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 12 (3500-4600 MHz)
Number of P-States: 31 (1600-4600 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0701 instead of 0x0601)

Warning: 'board-id' [Mac-F42C88C8] is not supported by Sandy Bridge PM

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130117-64 [Jan 19 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/zdavis/Desktop/ssdt_pr.dsl - 175 lines, 5677 bytes, 35 keywords
AML Output:    /Users/zdavis/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml - 1286 bytes, 18 named objects, 17 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Do you want to copy /Users/zdavis/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)?

I'm using the Chameleon bootloader with the MacPro3,1 SMBIOS. Obviously, my problem is that I have a single CPU state of 3400 despite my settings in the UEFI BIOS (ASUS ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard). Am I correct in my reasoning as to why I'm not getting additional CPU states, and if so then what should I have selected for my SMBIOS profile in Multibeast? Thanks!

I've run the script, but have run into cpu/board incompatibilities and I'm not sure which I should choose.

I'm using the Chameleon bootloader with the MacPro3,1 SMBIOS. Obviously, my problem is that I have a single CPU state of 3400 despite my settings in the UEFI BIOS (ASUS ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard). Am I correct in my reasoning as to why I'm not getting additional CPU states, and if so then what should I have selected for my SMBIOS profile in Multibeast? Thanks!
I would say go for Macmini5,1 and do not forget to drop the factory SSDT tables. Also. just in case. Don't let Chameleon generate P/C-States otherwise this whole exercise is pointless.

I've have:

Code:
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes></string>

in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I've changed the smbios to the Macmini5,1 profile. I've re-run the ssdtPRGen.command at the shell with the following arguments: i7-2600K 4600 95 0. I still receive the aforementioned warning regarding the CPU (no warning related to the board, however). I've re-booted the system, but it appears I have only 2 states, those being 1600 and 3400. Is this a smbios issue, or am I missing something else?

ASUS ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel i7 2600K
nVidia GeForce GTX 680

just so im clear, i run this program and then select yes?

Do you want to copy /Users/Jason/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)?
'

sdtPRGen.sh v6.1 Copyright (c) 2013 by Pike R. Alpha
----------------------------------------------------------------
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a Macmini6,2 [Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED]
Ivy Bridge Core i5-3570K processor [0x0604] setup
With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3500-3800 MHz)
Number of P-States: 23 (1600-3800 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)
Warning: Model identifier [Macmini6,2] is missing from: /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0604 instead of 0x0704)

IASL not found. Downloading iasl...
Password:
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 1132k 100 1132k 0 0 447k 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 758k
Done.

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130117-64 [Jan 19 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: /Users/Jason/Desktop/ssdt_pr.dsl - 231 lines, 7419 bytes, 36 keywords
AML Output: /Users/Jason/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml - 1348 bytes, 15 named objects, 21 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Clover ML 10.8.3, i5 3570k 3.4ghz, z77 ds3h

getting low geekbench scores and need someone to help me asap plz/

I've have:...

I've changed the smbios to the Macmini5,1 profile. I've re-run the ssdtPRGen.command at the shell with the following arguments: i7-2600K 4600 95 0. I still receive the aforementioned warning regarding the CPU (no warning related to the board, however). I've re-booted the system, but it appears I have only 2 states, those being 1600 and 3400. Is this a smbios issue, or am I missing something else?
Interesting. I'm not quite sure what it is, but you may want to check your EUFI BIOS settings. I would also run this terminal command to see how many SSDT tables are loaded:
Code:
ioreg -c AppleACPIPlatformExpert -rd1 | egrep -o 'SSDT"=<[0-9a-f]+'
And in case you are wondering about the content of (each) SSDT table, then you can copy/paste the data between <> to a file and decompile it. This way you know what it is.

just so im clear, i run this program and then select yes?

Do you want to copy /Users/Jason/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)?
Seems like ssdtPRGen fails to detect the target directory. What directories do you have under /EFI ?

I'm not sure what directory you should use with Clover, as it is under constant development, but the idea is that we/you copy the generated SSDT to the target location on your boot device. You can do that by fixing the path in the script, but the easiest thing to do is probably just to copy the file.

I will try to fix this but need help from a Clover user to determine the new directory location – I never used Clover myself.

tthats the thing i cant seem to find EFI director location or anything like that im super confused.... :banghead:

:-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back