Contribute
Register

SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
a - disable turbo from bios setting

- that i can't use. I have windows8 on another HDD , and there the turbo is justified (in games)

b - generate an SSDT typing

- that i'm trying now.

where "XXXX" could be the cpu clock fr you want. But if PM asks for max frequency (even for youtube), that will be.
Getting a little lower TDP (just few Watts) allows CPU not only to have lower temperature, but less power consuming as well.
And without losing performance: I find it an amazing feature provided by Ivy Bridge Power Management.
Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and there would be more sophisticated methods to reach what you want: there's a plenty of guys here, that can help you out

- your idea could be good.. but i really don't want to modify the tdp.. is good as from factory.. because lowering tdp.. won't made youtube require less than.. 3600 Mhz on cpu..(and i use an aftermarket cooler for cpu)
- thanks a lot , you helped me to understand better some things.. i will even read more about lowering tdp.. to convince myself

- by the way.. I don't use an DSDT, is that bad? i have a Gigabyte 7 Series motherboard (look at signature)

A bit off-topic (hope Pike would pardon me). A good DSDT is ALWAYS better than none. That said, if you're satisfied without it, that's enough.
Here you can see what a DSDT can do, with the right patches.
My 2 cents is: spend some time, learn how to edit DSDT, that will change your hackintosh path. In a good way! /end off-topic.
Another thing: read all about this great thread, there are guys experiencing
Code:
cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0601 instead of 0x0701)
too. Have fun to optimize your hack!:thumbup:

Just ran this the and got this:

View attachment 50449

It looks normal, right?

Can't you remove the turbo states so you get a better spread of states?

I only get "MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 34" I get nothing inbetween 20-34, how come?

I'm checking my p-states with MSRDumper.

Anyone?

A bit off-topic (hope Pike would pardon me). A good DSDT is ALWAYS better than none. That said, if you're satisfied without it, that's enough.
Here you can see what a DSDT can do, with the right patches.
My 2 cents is: spend some time, learn how to edit DSDT, that will change your hackintosh path. In a good way! /end off-topic.

thank you. i have DSDT now. (extracted with aida , fixed errors..etc) , and it fixed me some problems (like running with boot flag "PCIRootUID=0") , i don't have to use it anymore..

- sorry for off-topic

now.. about cpu related problem.. i'm reading ... i will post if I fix here

Open terminal and type
Code:
~/ssdtPRGen.sh 3400
and Return.
ssdtPRGen will generate a ssdt with max cpu frequency to 3400 (instead of 3800)
:thumbup:

Open terminal and type
Code:
~/ssdtPRGen.sh 3400
and Return.
ssdtPRGen will generate a ssdt with max cpu frequency to 3400 (instead of 3800)
:thumbup:

Nope, still getting the same :/

~/ssdtPRGen.sh 3400
sdtPRGen.sh v5.7 Copyright (c) 2013 by Pike R. Alpha
----------------------------------------------------------------
Generating SSDT_PR.dsl for a MacPro3,1 [Mac-F42C88C8]
Sandy Bridge Core i7-2600K processor [0x0701] setup
With a maximum TDP of 95 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3500-3800 MHz)
Number of P-States: 23 (1600-3800 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130117-64 [Jan 19 2013]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

Just ran this the and got this:...

It looks normal, right?
No. The output was not ok. Jeroen already fixed it, but I had no time to commit the update. Not until now. Now I do and thus version 5.8 is now available (see post #1 for update process).

Please give the new script a go, with a Sandy Bridge model/board-id like Macmini5,1 or iMac12,1 See the script for supported board-id's.

Drop SSDT's and don't let the boot loader generate the P/C-States.

Oh and the script will always generate P-States for turbo frequencies for processors with turbo capabilities. That is what Intel designed them for, and we won't change that. You just don't want that. What you want is to fix your setup.

Code:
Generating SSDT_PR.dsl for a iMac13,1 [Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86]
Ivy Bridge Core i5-3550 processor [0x0601] setup
With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 3300 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 4 (3400-3700 MHz)
Number of P-States: 22 (1600-3700 MHz)
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)
Warning: Model identifier [iMac13,1] is missing from: /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0601 instead of 0x0701)

I think that the script incorrectly assumes that ivy bridge i5 cores should have cpu-code 0x0701.
If I add SMcputype to smbios with 0x0701. Than System Info shows:
Processor Name: Intel Core i7

No. The output was not ok. Jeroen already fixed it, but I had no time to commit the update. Not until now. Now I do and thus version 5.8 is now available (see post #1 for update process).

Please give the new script a go, with a Sandy Bridge model/board-id like Macmini5,1 or iMac12,1 See the script for supported board-id's.

Drop SSDT's and don't let the boot loader generate the P/C-States.

Oh and the script will always generate P-States for turbo frequencies for processors with turbo capabilities. That is what Intel designed them for, and we won't change that. You just don't want that. What you want is to fix your setup.

Ah, I see.

Why do I only have CPU0 btw, I've seen people have CPU0 and CPU1.

Drop SSDT's as in putting that into my org.chameleon.plist? How do I prevent the boot loader from generating P/C-States?

Code:
I think that the script incorrectly assumes that ivy bridge i5 cores should have cpu-code 0x0701.
If I add SMcputype to smbios with 0x0701. Than System Info shows: Processor Name:    Intel Core i7[/QUOTE]
Correct. We need to improve this, but we haven't done so. Not yet. You know. Lack of time. And a girlfriend who drags me around in her city of birth in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back