Contribute
Register

SSDT for i3-2310m, Lion 10.7.4 works w/ all pstates

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan said:
This SSDT might work better for the i3-2330. This is the same as the SSDT I'm using right now for my i3-2310 but it has the additional pstate at 22 multiplier for 2.2Ghz.

Note: Those of you looking at the DSL source file will notice that the XPSS, SPSS objects have been removed leaving just the _PSS object. It seems that none of those are necessary... may be Windows specific or something. I also removed the extra 4 "empty CPU" definitions. Cleaner and simpler, but who knows if it will work. I don't have the i3-2330 to test with...

Tested under 2330m and worked very well. now i got this (8 11 14 18 21 22). before it was only 8 and 22.
Thanks bro!

[update]
Forget, restarted the system and now i got this:
18/06/12 03:15:18,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 11 14 22
isn't too bad, but something still wrong. will keep eyes on the logs and see what happens :rolleyes:

[update2]
Dont know wtf is happening. Just finished writing the first edit and when i looked up the logs i face this:
18/06/12 03:18:21,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 11 14 18 21 22

P-States just kidding me :crazy:

Just to say, seems to be working. See the pictures attached (it's 10.7.4, just with 10.8 Dock's look :cool:) . Thx

[1 more update]
The system seems to add P-States after a certain time, look the other 2 pictures. in boot, with the kext installed in SLE i can see that only 8 and 22 P-States are on, but when the system finishes the boot, the P-States 8 14 18 22 are turned on. 2 or 3 minutes later the other P-States came to life! :)

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.38.03.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.38.03.png
    295 KB · Views: 226
  • Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.38.03.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.38.03.png
    295 KB · Views: 196
  • Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.47.37.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.47.37.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.47.55.png
    Captura de Tela 2012-06-18 às 03.47.55.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 222
The system seems to add P-States after a certain time, look the other 2 pictures. in boot, with the kext installed in SLE i can see that only 8 and 22 P-States are on, but when the system finishes the boot, the P-States 8 14 18 22 are turned on. 2 or 3 minutes later the other P-States came to life!

This is normal. Pstates frequencies will change depending on the task your computer is doing. You should expect pstates to come and go as the demand on the processor changes. They are not on or off as such. MSRdumper simply reports a list of all the pstates which have been reached whilst it's running.

ovb1 said:
This is normal. Pstates frequencies will change depending on the task your computer is doing. You should expect pstates to come and go as the demand on the processor changes. They are not on or off as such. MSRdumper simply reports a list of all the pstates which have been reached whilst it's running.

So i can confirm, the 2330m SSDT is working, at least here. :headbang:

juliopw said:
So i can confirm, the 2330m SSDT is working, at least here. :headbang:

That is great to hear. It is very strange indeed. But strange in a good way...

My SSDT seems to kick start proper use of pstates. I have also verified that if I remove my /Extra/ssdt.aml that I can still boot no kp and with pstates still intact. In fact, OS X seems to boot faster after doing that. I haven't had enough time to truly verify, but before I did that, my 4530s was booting Lion in about 36 sec -- that's from chimera selection to Lion login (pretty slow for coming off SATA 6g SSD). In contrast, Windows 7 boots in about 10 sec -- again from chimera selection to Windows login. At any rate, last time I checked... after this change, it was down to about 24 sec...

Montyboy said:
RehabMan said:
This SSDT might work better for the i3-2330. This is the same as the SSDT I'm using right now for my i3-2310 but it has the additional pstate at 22 multiplier for 2.2Ghz.

Note: Those of you looking at the DSL source file will notice that the XPSS, SPSS objects have been removed leaving just the _PSS object. It seems that none of those are necessary... may be Windows specific or something. I also removed the extra 4 "empty CPU" definitions. Cleaner and simpler, but who knows if it will work. I don't have the i3-2330 to test with...

This one also did not work for me, but thank for your hard work......Montyboy

I can also confirm that P-States are now functioning with 10.7.4.
I did the same as LikeMike and edited my boot plist. Generate P-States=yes Drop SSDT=yes reboot and since then everything has been fine :headbang: Thanks Montyboy

Montyboy said:
Montyboy said:
RehabMan said:

This one also did not work for me, but thank for your hard work......Montyboy

I can also confirm that P-States are now functioning with 10.7.4.
I did the same as LikeMike and edited my boot plist. Generate P-States=yes Drop SSDT=yes reboot and since then everything has been fine :headbang: Thanks Montyboy

GZ!
Where you also unable to boot with the ssdt.aml?

All I got with SSDT where KP´s, but since the deleting of the SSDT and editing the boot.plist all works fine. Looks weird to me. Maybe the SSDT activates "something" in MacOS, so that it may functions correctly afterwards?

GZ!
Where you also unable to boot with the ssdt.aml?

All I got with SSDT where KP´s, but since the deleting of the SSDT and editing the boot.plist all works fine. Looks weird to me. Maybe the SSDT activates "something" in MacOS, so that it may functions correctly afterwards?[/quote]

The very same!
If I boot with ssdt.aml I also get KP, but now everything is running great :D
Montyboy

Humph....i tried updated to 10.7.4 on my main disk as i had issues with a kernel panic on 10.7.3 after sleep. i think caused by a deferred 10.7.4 install that snuck on...

Anyway I get a kernel panic if I don't use DropSSDT Yes and delete Pstates from my boot log. Any attempt at using either of these SSDT with or with out Pstates of DropSSDT in any combination causes a KP - CPU2 pstates step18 blahblahblah...

My system now only has max and min and is hotter and power hungrier...

Anyone got any ideas?

My processor is an i3 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz so maybe thats why its not working! I need to extract my own SSDT don't I? :cry:

ovb1 said:

Anyone got any ideas?

My processor is an i3 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz so maybe thats why its not working! I need to extract my own SSDT don't I? :cry:

Or you could try building one with the modified by BigDonkey (for mobile) RevoGirl script.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=64807

I have only the i3-2310, but I ran the script for 2300MHz, then edited the resulting SSDT to make the top two states normal states instead of turbo states (the way the script works, 2200 and 2300 end up as turbo states since my cpu only goes to 2100 and the script grabs that value from the currently running CPU).

You can try that SSDT from my attachment, or you can build your own (which should come out same as the one attached).

Attachments

• ssdt-pr-2300.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back