Contribute
Register

SSDT for i3-2310m, Lion 10.7.4 works w/ all pstates

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryman95 said:
Try to reboot. I got a KP after installing the SSDT then I rebooted again and now its just working!

Thanks but did not work. Have to wait a bit longer :thumbup:

Worked like a charm, just dragged ssdt to /Extra, without any "fiddling", rebooted, no KP's no anything, and now my 2310M is happy again!

Thank You so much! :D

This SSDT might work better for the i3-2330. This is the same as the SSDT I'm using right now for my i3-2310 but it has the additional pstate at 22 multiplier for 2.2Ghz.

Note: Those of you looking at the DSL source file will notice that the XPSS, SPSS objects have been removed leaving just the _PSS object. It seems that none of those are necessary... may be Windows specific or something. I also removed the extra 4 "empty CPU" definitions. Cleaner and simpler, but who knows if it will work. I don't have the i3-2330 to test with...

Attachments

• ssdt_i3_2330m_alt.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 122
Tried this on my 4330s with i3 2330 and it did not work..got the same KP as I did before editing to DropSSDT....

Maybe I did something wrong?

Did the edit from DropSSDT to GeneratePStates...
Draged the ssdt.aml to /E and then Repaired Permissions and did a Rebuild Cache...

Was it an upgrade of 10.7.3 or a clean install 10.7.4?

The instructions for upgrading to 10.7.4 made me a little nervous and so I really didn't follow the instructions exactly. My thought was what if the 10.7.4 combo update from Apple overwrites some of the patched kexts from HP ProBook Installer? Because of that possibility, I ended up running the HP ProBook Installer and selecting 10.7.3 after running the combo update from Apple, but before installing BigDonkey's patched kexts with KextHelper. That way I was sure to get any patched kexts specific to the HP that might have been overwritten by Apple's 10.7.4 combo update, but also BigDonkey's upgraded patches for 10.7.4 where applicable. Maybe Apple's 10.7.4 combo update doesn't overwrite any of those files, but how would I know...

But yeah... so far we have only one person claiming they've got one of my SSDTs working (after a KP on the first boot, but not subsequent) on the i3-2330m and that was with my 2310 file... Go figure.

For me, since I'm early in the process and don't really have an established machine (ie. lots of documents and apps installed -- this laptop is only week old for me), I'm going to start with a fresh install of 10.7.4 as I described in my OP and build from there, even though I did make the 10.7.3 work coming from 10.7.0 originally. It will just to make me feel better about where I'm starting from.

Maybe someone who knows a bit more on this will pick up and run with it...

It was already running a 10.7.4 but with a DropSSDT...

It was at first a 10.7 then a update to 10.7.3 and then the final update to 10.7.4...all the kexts were in place...
Maybe I should try your first ssdt...the 2310 one....one less pstate...but that's not all that bad:)

Byakuya said:
It was already running a 10.7.4 but with a DropSSDT...

It was at first a 10.7 then a update to 10.7.3 and then the final update to 10.7.4...all the kexts were in place...

I did similar, but started at 10.7 then applied each one of the updates 10.7.1, 10.7.2, then 10.7.3... not really knowing if that was necessary. I guess it wasn't necessary.

My concern is there might be a patched kext applied with the HP ProBook Installer, but then wiped out by Apple's 10.7.4 update, and not present in BigDonkey's 10.7.4 patched kexts pack. Don't know... Maybe that is something BigDonkey already thought of and made sure to include all such kexts in his pack.

Otherwise we are same, except for having different CPUs...

Maybe I should try your first ssdt...the 2310 one....one less pstate...but that's not all that bad:)

It worked for one person here. And he even got pstate 22... which I really don't understand.

RehabMan said:
This SSDT might work better for the i3-2330. This is the same as the SSDT I'm using right now for my i3-2310 but it has the additional pstate at 22 multiplier for 2.2Ghz.

Note: Those of you looking at the DSL source file will notice that the XPSS, SPSS objects have been removed leaving just the _PSS object. It seems that none of those are necessary... may be Windows specific or something. I also removed the extra 4 "empty CPU" definitions. Cleaner and simpler, but who knows if it will work. I don't have the i3-2330 to test with...

This one also did not work for me, but thank for your hard work......Montyboy

Same here...tried both...the same result...KP...Well back to the old DropSSDT:)

Thank you for making an effort....

Very strange thing for me.

Following:
1) I had a installed and fully working system (P-States, Sleep, BT,...) on 10.7.3. Newest FakeSMC + Chameleon
2) Two days ago the sleep wasn´t working anymore -> KP aft 30sec. (nothing changed by me)
3) Fired up Probook Installer 3.3 overwiting all except DSDT (because of my 1080p screen) and Chameleon (because it´s old, I used 1.9 already)
4) Sleep and everything fully working again.
5) Installed Combo Update 10.7.4 like in the tutorial of tegezee.
6) P-States not working, only 8 and 22 for my i3 2330m.
7) Installed ssdt.aml of this thread (forgot to fix permissions) and rebooted. -> KP and not able to boot with any Chameleon flags.
8) Fired up iBoot + Snow Leopard Installation. Terminal -> deleted ssdt.aml -> reboot
9) Booted up normally, screen resolution was not correct -> change it to 1080p
10) Looked at HWmonitor Multiplier and :eek: BAM! Multiplier 14x. Couldn´t believe it.
11) Fired up MSRDumper.kext -> MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 11 14 18 21 22 without SSDT. (Generate P-States=On, DropSSDT=Yes). Now silent fan (BigDonkey) was not working because of missing kexts.
12) Installed BigDonkeys kexts (rev. 604) except FakeSMD.kext and Radeon.kext. Fixed permissions + rebuild cache. -> Reboot
13) Fan was now silent again .
14) Now installed BT and Keyboard-Beep Fix like in tegezee´s tutorial. -> Working fine.
15) Installed SMCpingDaemon -> reboot -> All fine!!

Now fully working i3 2330m including P-States on 10.7.4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back