Contribute
Register

SSD Slow and stutter No Trim Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gershy,

Here is my BlackMagic Speed Test for you with a Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD, this is after 2 years of pretty heavy use. It's known that this test doesn't do much for the write speeds as it uses compressed data. The controller doesn't handle it very well. But your read speeds should be much better as seen here.

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 22.26.29.png

Gershy,

Here is my BlackMagic Speed Test for you with a Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD, this is after 2 years of pretty heavy use. It's known that this test doesn't do much for the write speeds as it uses compressed data. The controller doesn't handle it very well. But your read speeds should much better as seen here.

View attachment 133123

WOW! thats actually quite good! i have the Pulse, i probs gonna give it in for a refund/replacement!

so i got on to windows, and installed the SSD Toolkit from Sandisk. It says firmware is fully upgraded....
ill contact Sandisk and see if they can do something about replacing or refunding the drive. But, how can i backup the drive, and restore it to another drive? Cloning? if so how? on Mac... I might buy another 128gb ssd, can i clone this one to a file or something, and then restore it to another drive later?

so i got on to windows, and installed the SSD Toolkit from Sandisk. It says firmware is fully upgraded....
ill contact Sandisk and see if they can do something about replacing or refunding the drive. But, how can i backup the drive, and restore it to another drive? Cloning? if so how? on Mac... I might buy another 128gb ssd, can i clone this one to a file or something, and then restore it to another drive later?

You can use the Apps seen here Backup Solutions For Your Mac or CustoMac to create a back up of your installation drive. For me I use the installer. Boot into the installer and open Utilities > Disk Utilities, click on the drive you want to back up, hit the restore tab. The source will be the drive you want to back up and the the destination will be your new back up. Then use the installer to boot into your new drive and install the latest Chimera. Job done.

You can use the Apps seen here Backup Solutions For Your Mac or CustoMac to create a back up of your installation drive. For me I use the installer. Boot into the installer and open Utilities > Disk Utilities, click on the drive you want to back up, hit the restore tab. The source will be the drive you want to back up and the the destination will be your new back up. Then use the installer to boot into your new drive and install the latest Chimera. Job done.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back