Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
I notice that the "Clover Options" was showing up twice in the Clover Boot Loader. (Three time if I have the USB installer plugged in). I tried following the Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries guide again, but it didn't work.

I have an SSD, an HD with a partition for a carbon copy back up, and a second HD for Time Machine. I unplugged everything but my SSD and followed the guide. Not only do I have an extra "Clover Options", my SSD shows up twice in my BIOS.

I'm having a whole lot of other problems too. See other thread!

IMG_4327.JPGIMG_4332.jpgIMG_4331.jpg

I think I may have caused the problem when I was following the guide to "Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems" (lol). The guide said to remove anything not listed "as DevPath - HD". I know I removed something listed as "BBS". Could that have caused this??

Here's what I've tried to fix it:

I copied the efi clover folder from the usb install drive and replaced the efi clover folder on my system drive.

I unplugged all my drives, went into my BIOS and loaded defaults. Even with everything unplugged, my phantom ssd still showed up (see photo)! I disabled the two items which appeared.

Next, I plugged in only my ssd and entered the BIOS. The UEFI for my SSD appeared, but not the drive which is usually "P0" (see photo, WH14NS40 isn't my ssd).

Finally, with only the ssd plugged in, I booted into the Clover UEFI Shell and looked at a boot dump. (See photo)

Please, someone, i haven't got a clue what to do about this. I swear to you, I've been searching my butt off for hours and hours, but I can't find the answer. I'm begging you. Someone reply...

IMG_4335.jpgIMG_4333.jpgIMG_4334.jpg

Last edited:
I think I may have caused the problem when I was following the guide to "Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems" (lol). The guide said to remove anything not listed "as DevPath - HD". I know I removed something listed as "BBS". Could that have caused this??

Here's what I've tried to fix it:

I copied the efi clover folder from the usb install drive and replaced the efi clover folder on my system drive.

I unplugged all my drives, went into my BIOS and loaded defaults. Even with everything unplugged, my phantom ssd still showed up (see photo)! I disabled the two items which appeared.

Next, I plugged in only my ssd and entered the BIOS. The UEFI for my SSD appeared, but not the drive which is usually "P0" (see photo, WH14NS40 isn't my ssd).

Finally, with only the ssd plugged in, I booted into the Clover UEFI Shell and looked at a boot dump. (See photo)

Please, someone, i haven't got a clue what to do about this. I swear to you, I've been searching my butt off for hours and hours, but I can't find the answer. I'm begging you. Someone reply...

View attachment 184517View attachment 184515View attachment 184516

Pic 1 and 2 look fine, there do not appear to be any erroneous entries unless Im missing something ?

With regard to the double entry in pic 3, is there any reason why you can't find out which entry is NOT the ghost one, set that as your boot option, and then make sure the ghost one is not set as any other boot priority. So even if you have a ghost entry, it is not assigned a boot priority at all.....

Thank you very much for replying. I was feeling very alone! Since disabling the two phantom drives, updating my CUDA driver to 6.5.51, disabling OpenCL in Photoshop preferences, and running Onyx one more time, my system has been booting reliably (knock on wood). I apologize for being melodramatic. I just don't know what I'm doing and it stresses me out. Cheers and thanks again!

Thank you very much for replying. I was feeling very alone! Since disabling the two phantom drives, updating my CUDA driver to 6.5.51, disabling OpenCL in Photoshop preferences, and running Onyx one more time, my system has been booting reliably (knock on wood). I apologize for being melodramatic. I just don't know what I'm doing and it stresses me out. Cheers and thanks again!

Just take a relaxed approach and do your research. There is a wealth of information here in the forums, thats where your homework begins.

Good to hear it is now behaving :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back