Contribute
Register

SSD Dual booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be the MBR partition table is some how out of sync with the GPT partition table, as far as Windows NTFS partition not being detected. It might be worth it running gptsync to synchronize. Supposedly there is a Mac OS X version of gptsync around, but I always use the Linux version. If you follow the link in my signature to my blog you can read about how to run gptsync under Linux.

thanks Rehab, I got the DualBoot running well.. just wanted to know how I could verify whether the alignment was done correctly

thanks Rehab, I got the DualBoot running well.. just wanted to know how I could verify whether the alignment was done correctly

Run msinfo32.exe on Win7 and go to Storage, Disks section. This is a list of the disks on your system and their partitions. Pay particular attention to the Partition Starting Offset of each partition. Use a calculator to make sure they are evenly divisible by at least 4096. I prefer 65536, and if you used gparted, they will be on a MB boundary, which would be divisible by 1048576 (1024*1024 or 1MB). And... don't worry about the first, EFI partition... it has to be where it is just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back