Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Spinning wheel while checking Software Update on Big Sur 11.6.2 and OpenCore 0.7.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC8i3BEH
CPU
i3 8109U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi

I'm getting a spinning wheel when I try to get information on Software update.
The system boots fine and it's working fine, except this.
This is happening on my Intel NUC i3-8th gen

I've rebooted several times, cleared NVRAM, but without success.

What can I check more?

Thanks

This could be a problem your system has connecting with Apple's servers or a problem with your Internet connection.

Assumption:
You have enabled Messages, iCloud, App Store, Music, Apple TV etc. and have no issues using these Apple Services on your NUC.

This could be a problem your system has connecting with Apple's servers or a problem with your Internet connection.

Assumption:
You have enabled Messages, iCloud, App Store, Music, Apple TV etc. and have no issues using these Apple Services on your NUC.
Thanks @Edhawk, I haven't noticed that also Apple Store is not working, I can see everything but when I try to install some new software, nothing happens.

Should I check something in config.plist or somewhere else?

I always update the Opencore (is it correct to update every time, also if everything is woking fine? ), and adjust the config.plist according to the docs and nothing else.

Thanks

PS:
I tried to regenerate with GenSMBIOS the serial numbers, and now it works again.
I haven't thought about it before, but then I remembered about this step
Thanks again

Last edited:
Thanks @Edhawk, I haven't noticed that also Apple Store is not working, I can see everything but when I try to install some new software, nothing happens.

Should I check something in config.plist or somewhere else?

I always update the Opencore (is it correct to update every time, also if everything is woking fine? ), and adjust the config.plist according to the docs and nothing else.

Thanks

One thing that will cause the App Store to load and show all your Purchased apps, but not let you download them - updates too - is the order of wireless and ethernet adapters in your system. I don't know anything about your build BUT check System Report, scroll down to the Network node and check the list on the right for "en0".

In a normal system with both ethernet and wireless adapters, ethernet should be at "en0" and wireless at "en1". If you are using an Intel wireless chipset for wi-fi using the OpenIntelWireless kexts, but no ethernet port, then the wireless connection, which is actually ethernet, should be shown at "en0" .

If the ports are out of order then navigate to: Main Drive-Library-Preferences-SystemConfiguration, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. This should re-order them.

Re-test.

:)

Thanks @UtterDisbelief

I have ethernet as en0, Wifi as en1 and BT as en2, should it be ok, right?

Another strange things is happening from some days now, is that the monitor does not go to sleep, not the NUC, just the monitor

It was working fine previously, but not anymore
What can I check?

Thanks all!

In a normal system with both ethernet and wireless adapters, ethernet should be at "en0" and wireless at "en1". If you are using an Intel wireless chipset for wi-fi using the OpenIntelWireless kexts, but no ethernet port, then the wireless connection, which is actually ethernet, should be shown at "en0" .

If the ports are out of order then navigate to: Main Drive-Library-Preferences-SystemConfiguration, delete NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. This should re-order them.

My ports were not out of order, but I had 3 NetworkInterfaces.plist files, the other two with the basic name plus an extra term. I deleted them all and restarted and software update is back in gear. this is on my z77x th build.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back