Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Formula
CPU
Intel i7 980 3.33 gHz
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
@RehabMan

Having graphics issues on wakeup. Display flashes for a moment, and then goes to black.

ACPI has been re-extracted and attached below with relevant kexts in system volume.

GFX0->IGPU Patch results in kernel panic.

I haven't done the USB injection just yet.

Instant Wake Patch has 0 changes and therefore cannot be applied.

Any ideas what else it could be (other than USB)?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 151
@RehabMan

Having graphics issues on wakeup. Display flashes for a moment, and then goes to black.

ACPI has been re-extracted and attached below with relevant kexts in system volume.

GFX0->IGPU Patch results in kernel panic.

I haven't done the USB injection just yet.

Instant Wake Patch has 0 changes and therefore cannot be applied.

Any ideas what else it could be (other than USB)?

GFX0->IGPU must be applied to all DSDT/SSDT files. You need to use DropOem=true and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order. SSDT load order can be wrong otherwise.

Also, you are not booting from the EFI/Clover that you provided.

Note from bootlog:
Code:
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-0.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-3.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-4x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-5x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-6x.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:091  0:000  Inserting SSDT-7.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:096  0:004  Inserting ssdt.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

But the files in ACPI/patched are:
Code:
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-7.aml
ssdt.aml

Please provide a consistent set of files that actually represent what you're really doing.

--

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

None of the SSDTs except for SSDT-7.dsl contain GFX0 devices. When compiling the disassembled SSDT-7.dsl in MaciASL, I have 5 errors:

5135, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting ',' or ')'
5143, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SLEEP, expecting ',' or ')'
5148, 6126, syntax error, unexpected ')'
5201, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

All DSDT/SSDT files were disassembled together at once using latest iasl (I tried both versions on your bitbucket). Also tried all 3 different ACPI specifications in MaciASL. I am able to patch the DSDT that comes out of this disassembly successfully, but this SSDT is giving me problems.

Therefore, I cannot apply the GFX0 rename patch.... Any ideas? All necessary files are attached to Post #1.
Thanks!!

Disassembled the aml-files (except the dynamic SSDT files) without refs.txt and compiling with ACPI 6.1, there are no errors in SSDT7. Also no issues with patching.

Attachments

• SSDT-7.dsl
    155.7 KB · Views: 128
None of the SSDTs except for SSDT-7.dsl contain GFX0 devices. When compiling the disassembled SSDT-7.dsl in MaciASL, I have 5 errors:

5135, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting ',' or ')'
5148, 6126, syntax error, unexpected ')'
5201, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

All DSDT/SSDT files were disassembled together at once using latest iasl (I tried both versions on your bitbucket). Also tried all 3 different ACPI specifications in MaciASL. I am able to patch the DSDT that comes out of this disassembly successfully, but this SSDT is giving me problems.

Therefore, I cannot apply the GFX0 rename patch.... Any ideas? All necessary files are attached to Post #1.
Thanks!!

Attach your files.

@Swingkid thanks for that! I tried a newer version of MaciASL with ACPI 6.1, but I'm still getting the errors for some reason...

@RehabMan original ACPI files attached as requested.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 112
DSDT.aml and SSDT-7.aml have been patched with GFX0->IGPU rename. However on bootup, I get what I think is a kernel panic...It always stops booting at different spots and just reboots. Any ideas? Files attached below.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 141
I made a custom flag for DropOem=true, but I'm a little confused regarding SortedOrder. The guide says that, "The original order of the SSDTs must be maintained in the patched set."

But how do I know the original order? Is it implied just but the numbers at the end of each SSDT?

In SortedOrder in Clover, do I include every SSDT, both patched and non patched?
Do I also include ssdt.aml, which is used for CPU power management?

In the ACPI/patched folder, do I include all the SSDTs given by the system (expect for the dynamic SSDTs), even the ones I did not patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back