Contribute
Register

Specific Guide for RX480 configuration for newbie in Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Hackintosh-Gods ;),

My Configuration is:

i7-6700k
MSI Z170-A PRO
Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB
HIS RX480 8GB
A GTX970 4GB from Gainward // borrowed from a friend, to return on monday
2x16 GB DDR4 Kingston RAM
3 Dell UH2414H

My goal is to get an working installation with Sierra and my RX480, to use simultaniously all of my three Displays

At first i've tried the basic guidlines for El Capitan and Sierra

El Capitan with RX480 worked but without Ethernet and without graphics hardware acceleration,
it just showed 5 mb graphic memory on the system preferences
With the GTX970 everything worked (same here with the ethernet) fine but the update to the Sierra,
with the installation file, did not boot up on clover, with the same boot params.
I've tried some different things // deactivate the intel gpu, boot with nv webdrivers and other things
did not get it to work.

Sierra it self did not worket to get installed, under any circumstances. I did all the same stuff like
the installation of el capitan, and all the guides i've found. Did not worked.

Can somebody may show me a guide to run that system with MacOS Sierra?

Thanks for helping
I hope my english is good enought, greetings from germany!

update your clover and put RX4100.kext in your efi/clover/kexts/10.12 folder. That works fine for me when I update from 10.11.3 to 10.12.1 (change my graphic card HD7970 to RX480 ) My cpu is E31230 v2 because it doesnt contain an Intel GPU I cant get graphics hardware acceleration(QE/CI) But you can forcing the ID 67FF, via DSDT without touching the kext X4100, and using the iGPU as primary it's now possible to have a "good" acceleration on the RX470/480 (Still not a good solution)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312582-amd-polaris-ids-on-1012-sierra/
Hope you understand my English This is my kenxt in case you need

Attachments

• RX480.zip
    4 MB · Views: 228
HOLAHAHA!

So i've got an working installation now, but the rx480 is recognized by the system as it should,
but the connected displays for the card doesnt get a signal at their ports... and as main graphics
the intel card alsway becomes the primary for the mac is there an workaround for me?

HOLAHAHA!

So i've got an working installation now, but the rx480 is recognized by the system as it should,
but the connected displays for the card doesnt get a signal at their ports... and as main graphics
the intel card alsway becomes the primary for the mac is there an workaround for me?
maybe you need rebuild cache /system/library/extension and inject at your clover.plist
.......Cant explain that in English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back