Contribute
Register

Sound doesn't work--ALC1150 worked in Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My sound won't work when adding the updated MultiBeast that i used in mavericks, am i missing something here?

Mavericks I used
Audio>Realtek ALCxxx>ALC1150
in yosemite added Optional EFI installed Bootloader Support if that made a difference, it doesn't, still no sound, can't check HDMI since my screen doesn't have a HDMI output.

I too am experiencing the same thing on my AsRock Z97E-ITX board. Do you see anything at all? No sound devices appear at all in my system preferences.

The most information I've been able to dig up leads me to believe that the kext cannot be installed on the EFI partition.

This guy claims he got it working with Multicast 6.3.1 here: http://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2bvggr/hack_complete_4790k_z97_780ti_a_bit_of_a/

I'll try it out, see what happens and report back.

Well, what that guy did didn't work at all, but I did manage to find a solution elsewhere!

So first I installed the ALC1150 kext that comes with Multibeast 7.0 with optional UEFI support (I'm using Clover) and still, no audio devices appeared.

Then I found this guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

What did it for me was adding the kext-dev-mode=1 flag to the boot options (under /Volume/EFI/EFI/config.plist in the boot/arguments setting).

Now my sound works perfectly! If that doesn't work for you, the guide has additional steps you can perform.

And just as a heads up, unlike previous versions of OS X, Yosemite doesn't put the volume changer in the top bar unless you specifically tell it to. So don't use that as your way of testing if you have sound or not.

Good luck!

I don't know what bootloader you use, so I don't know if this will help you or not. I had a similar problem with my ACL898 with a Clover install. It wouldn't even show up in the system profiler. It turned out that I just had to change Audio Inject=1 in the clover config.

I'm having the same problem-- using Chameleon (from the Yosemite version of Multicast) and the ALC892 kext that used to work no longer does.

I've update the Kernel Flags section in my org.chameleon.boot.plist to read:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0,kext-dev-mode=1</string>

...but no joy. (Is a comma the right separator for multiple kernel flags?)

I think you're right about the space, but sadly changing it to:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>

...didn't change anything.

I also had this issue with my 1150 when updating to Yosemite. I had audio working from my headphone jack in the front but not from the green port in the back. I went into System Preferences -> Sound -> Output. I had to switch it to internal Speakers and then voila, it worked.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back