CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have installed and have been using Sonoma for a few days, no real issues.
Sonoma is installed on an NVME, and I decided to install windows 11 on a spererate SSD, which I did, all went well, and was able to boot and log into Windows 11 fine. Now when my Opencore menu appears, I can see two icons, Windows and MacOS, but when selecting MacOS, it starts to boot but promptly stops at ACPI: SSDT 0X0....... then just reboots the machine.

In trying to fix it, I booted into Windows, used Explorer++ to mount the MacOS EFI, I noticed a new 'WINDOWS' folder in the EFI directory, which I stupidly tried to delete, it deleted some stuff in the Windows directory, but not all. NOW.... I can't boot either OS :(

Is there anyway to recover from this (I'm not bothered about Windows, but would like to get my Sonoma back to booting).
Any ideas please?

Hi, I have installed and have been using Sonoma for a few days, no real issues.
Sonoma is installed on an NVME, and I decided to install windows 11 on a spererate SSD, which I did, all went well, and was able to boot and log into Windows 11 fine. Now when my Opencore menu appears, I can see two icons, Windows and MacOS, but when selecting MacOS, it starts to boot but promptly stops at ACPI: SSDT 0X0....... the just reboots the machine.

In trying to fix it, I booted into Windows, used Explorer++ to mount the MacOS EFI, I noticed a new 'WINDOWS' folder in the EFI directory, which I stupidly tried to delete, it deleted some stuff in the Windows directory, but not all. NOW.... I can't boot either OS :(

Is there anyway to recover from this (I'm not bothered about Windows, but would like to get my Sonoma back to booting).
Any ideas please?
use your working usb macOS installer to boot in macOS and copy back over the working EFI

Unfortunatley, using the USB to boot, I get the same result, even choosing 'Install MacOS Sonoma', it gets to a short way into the MacOS boot and reboots. I've attached a screen grab of where it stops. Any other ideas please?

Attachments

• IMG_2436.jpeg
    IMG_2436.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 22
I am now booting Sonoma again. It turned out my BIOS settings had changed, maybe updated by the windows install?!? Once I reset the BIOS setting to Default, then updated back to what I had, MacOS booted fine.

Last edited:
Back