Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sonoma: Motherboard AX211 only works on 2.4GHz

@CaseySJ @Edhawk @Leesureone

Still no joy with Bluetooth.

I can connect to the router at 5GHz. Unfortunately, I have no Internet access. Might it be I have the wrong SSDT?

View attachment 575237
Regarding Bluetooth, if another Bluetooth module is installed (i.e. Fenvi), we should either (a) disable the USB port it's connected to or (b) physically remove the other module.

Regarding Bluetooth, if another Bluetooth module is installed (i.e. Fenvi), we should either (a) disable the USB port it's connected to or (b) physically remove the other module.
Nope. I removed the Fenvi went I updated to Sonoma.

Nope. I removed the Fenvi went I updated to Sonoma.
Is Intel Bluetooth device present in IORegistryExplorer under XHC? It should be under HS14 on a Gigabyte board.

The wrong SSDT-UIAC would only mess with the Bluetooth module's USB connection. It wouldn't affect the WiFi.

So I would look at these as two separate issues.
  • First, the lack of a USB connection for HS14 (CNVW/I connectors USB port).
  • Second, a lack of internet access via the M.2 WiFi module.
Assumptions:
  • You have checked that the 2 x antenna are fully connected to the motherboard connectors. They are not rotating loosely or damaged in any way.
  • You have checked that the SSDT-UIAC you are using actually enables port HS14 and that it is set with connector type 'Internal' (255).
  • You don't have the Internal M.2 connectors USB port disabled in the Bios.
Questions:
  1. When you say you can connect to your Netgear Router, do you mean you get the signal and data as if it were completing everything, but can't connect through the router to the outside world?
  2. Or do you mean you can connect to the Router's homepage and access the router settings and can connect to other systems on your internal network, using just the Intel WiFi?
  3. Have you tried removing the metal shroud from the CNVW/I connector to check that the card is held in place, firmly seated in the M.2 connector, and the internal antenna cables are firmly seated on the card?
Regarding Z390 systems I recall there being an SSDT-NO-CNVI.aml table that was widely used due to issues in macOS when a CNVI connector was enabled. Is that still the case with the newer Z690 & other motherboards? Or have things changed so that the CNVi connector can be used without any qualms/issues?

Have you thought of installing the Intel M.2 WiFi/BT card on a PCIe adapter, in a spare PCIe x1 slot?

Post a copy of the SSDT your are using to enable your 15 USB Ports, including HS14.
Which version of USBInjectAll are you using with this SSDT?
Does it include the necessary settings for your 600 series motherboard/USB controller?

Is Intel Bluetooth device present in IORegistryExplorer under XHC? It should be under HS14 on a Gigabyte board.
Yes, it is.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 2.13.24 PM.png

Attachments

• Stork's IOReg.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 6
The wrong SSDT-UIAC would only mess with the Bluetooth module's USB connection. It wouldn't affect the WiFi.

So I would look at these as two separate issues.
  • First, the lack of a USB connection for HS14 (CNVW/I connectors USB port).
  • Second, a lack of internet access via the M.2 WiFi module.
First > above my head. See my reply to @CaseySJ above WRT the IOReg output.

Second> I have Internet access only on 2.4GHz.

Assumptions:
  • You have checked that the 2 x antenna are fully connected to the motherboard connectors. They are not rotating loosely or damaged in any way.
  • You have checked that the SSDT-UIAC you are using actually enables port HS14 and that it is set with connector type 'Internal' (255).
  • You don't have the Internal M.2 connectors USB port disabled in the Bios.
Yes, they tightly connected.
The SSDT-UIAC is attached below. I'm not knowledgeable about the settings in SSDTs.
I don't think the M.2 connectors USB port are disable. I will look after this post is sent.

Questions:
  1. When you say you can connect to your Netgear Router, do you mean you get the signal and data as if it were completing everything, but can't connect through the router to the outside world?
  2. Or do you mean you can connect to the Router's homepage and access the router settings and can connect to other systems on your internal network, using just the Intel WiFi?
  3. Have you tried removing the metal shroud from the CNVW/I connector to check that the card is held in place, firmly seated in the M.2 connector, and the internal antenna cables are firmly seated on the card?
1. Yes.
2. The menu WiFi icon indicates the computer is connected. However, I can not connect to any thing event the actual router.
3. The antenna connectors are tightly connect. I'll shut the system down and check the WiFi card connect later. BTW, This problem also occurs on my Z790 system running Sonoma.

Regarding Z390 systems I recall there being an SSDT-NO-CNVI.aml table that was widely used due to issues in macOS when a CNVI connector was enabled. Is that still the case with the newer Z690 & other motherboards? Or have things changed so that the CNVi connector can be used without any qualms/issues?

Have you thought of installing the Intel M.2 WiFi/BT card on a PCIe adapter, in a spare PCIe x1 slot?

Post a copy of the SSDT your are using to enable your 15 USB Ports, including HS14.
Which version of USBInjectAll are you using with this SSDT?
Does it include the necessary settings for your 600 series motherboard/USB controller?
See attached.
I don't know. See attached kext.

Thank you, guys, for your help.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 3
  • USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    35.6 KB · Views: 3
First thing of note is that the SSDT-UIAC is attempting to activate 22 x USB Ports. This won't work.

Only the first 15 x ports would be activated in macOS if you were using this SSDT, i.e. HS01-HS14 inclusive and SS01.

I assume you are using an SSDT with only 15 ports active. Can you post a copy of the SSDT you are using.

The USBInjectAll.kext you are using contains the configuration settings for the 600 & 700 Series & Alder Lake USB controllers in your two systems, so is good to go.

I don't need to use those two entries with my AX210 WiFi/BT card.

These are the IOReg screens for the Bluetooth connection from my AX210.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 20.51.39.png

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 20.49.32.png

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 20.49.41.png

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 20.52.17.png

The card is mounted on a PCIe adapter in a PCIe x1 slot, with the Bluetooth connected to a motherboard header. Both WiFi (2.4GHz & 5GHz) and Bluetooth work in Sonoma. As do Messages, iCloud and the App Store.

OK. Good news. WiFi 5GHz is now working on my Z790 build (ask me no questions...). I put another 2x 16GB memory pieces into the system for a total of 64MB. BT is still not working.

Back