Contribute
Register

Some questions about SSDT and overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
kounelos said:
Baoren said:
yes kounelos, you are right, I read again your guide and I guess you are right. I'll try it for sure as new hd comes. Just a question: why to patch imac power management with macbook pro power management and not mac pro 3,1, which seems to work?

Because we need Sandy Bridge support

:confused:

fuma said:
I really don't understand all the hoopla about the recent discoveries with p & c states and overclocking.

Most people overclock a system and leave it. My system runs at 4.2 from the bios, no EIST. I use the dropSSDT string and it works fine. I have very good cooling (and very low vcore) and I leave it on 24/7 and don't really care if I leave it like that for the next 5 years. (I'll sell it by then anyhow and be building something new). All it's going to do is LOWER my clock frequencies anyhow, & IRDGAF.

Now I assume the real reason for this is to leave your CPU at the stock speed and have it clock the cores up to 4.2 (or whatever you choose) when you need it. Is this what everyone's on about? Do you guys that are messing around with SSDT keep your speeds stock in the bios?

I think it's more about having your cake and eatting it too. Meaning, getting the OC, but at the same time having the hackintosh speedstep.

Adam1203 said:
fuma said:
I really don't understand all the hoopla about the recent discoveries with p & c states and overclocking.

Most people overclock a system and leave it. My system runs at 4.2 from the bios, no EIST. I use the dropSSDT string and it works fine. I have very good cooling (and very low vcore) and I leave it on 24/7 and don't really care if I leave it like that for the next 5 years. (I'll sell it by then anyhow and be building something new). All it's going to do is LOWER my clock frequencies anyhow, & IRDGAF.

Now I assume the real reason for this is to leave your CPU at the stock speed and have it clock the cores up to 4.2 (or whatever you choose) when you need it. Is this what everyone's on about? Do you guys that are messing around with SSDT keep your speeds stock in the bios?

I think it's more about having your cake and eatting it too. Meaning, getting the OC, but at the same time having the hackintosh speedstep.

Why waste power and energy with a fixed base OC when you can use a turbo based OC? Same performance smaller 'leccy bill?

In fact why leave it on 24/7? Why just waste energy? I mean it is not much but hey one world blah blah!

kounelos said:
Adam1203 said:
kounelos said:
I never said anything about AICPM patching.I said patch the stepper part or imac12,2 or 12,1.plist inside S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily/Contents/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources in order to get more than 2 Pstates.Mac mini definitions is not a good idea at if you are using an external gpu.

Sorry I misunderstood. I tried to find your guide, but didn't have any luck.

Can you post a link, or elaborate on the patching process for the iMac12,2 definition?

Thanks!

Adam

My Signature

Baoren said:
yes kounelos, you are right, I read again your guide and I guess you are right. I'll try it for sure as new hd comes. Just a question: why to patch imac power management with macbook pro power management and not mac pro 3,1, which seems to work?

Because we need Sandy Bridge support

ok, new hd arrived yesterday. I did a 1st try this morning, using your method and patching imac 12,2 plist with the one of macbook pro 8,3. before to create my own ssdt, I tryed the one in multibeast for i5-i7 overclocked processors. And I ahve to say, all works perfectly now. I will try in future patching my own ssdt.aml file, but for now is a good result.

thanks a lot kounelos! and thanks all people who helped in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back