Motherboard
Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, I read several times most of the posts about SSDT since 10.7.4 came out.
I am not an expert so I have some questions about it and about overclock.

First of all, my hardware: as said in my profile, I own a ga-p67a-ud4-b3 motherboard, with a 2600k overclocked at 4,2 Ghz. My graphic card is a EVGA gtx 560 ti with 2gb ram. System Definition iMac 12,2

1) I installed 10.7.4 on my experimental HD. All went ok. I installed via multibeast the ssdt for 2600k overclocked. Result: I jump from 1600 to 4200.
Now, to go to the question, I am thinking to produce my own ssdt, extracting it from windows, but did I understand right that there are some problems with system definition iMac 12,2? I could change it to MacPro 3,1, but then (again, correct me if I am wrong) AGPM.kext wouldn't be load, and my graphic card could work worse and maybe cause some freezes. If I understand, MacPro 4,1 and 5,1 system definitions have similar problems with 10.7.4, so no point to change system definition this way.

2) My 10.7.3 system works great: not a single problem. If I edit correctly a good ssdt for my motherboard, and if it works with a good system definition for my graphic card, will my 10.7.4 work well as well? What I would like to understand is if I can reach the same stability in 10.7.4 with a good ssdt.

3) About overclock. I always overclocked changing just the base multiplier to 42. Should I change also the turbo multipliers? if so, in which way? could this affect the ssdt generated from windows?

thanks in advance for any tip

Thanks for reply! I'll check if macimini 5,3 system definition supports agpm.kext.
Anyway, if Mountain Lion has not such kind of issues, I am considering to skip 10.7.4.

Baoren said:
Thanks for reply! I'll check if macimini 5,3 system definition supports agpm.kext.
Anyway, if Mountain Lion has not such kind of issues, I am considering to skip 10.7.4.

I was able to eventually get 5,1 to work too. So maybe try both.

kounelos said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34583&p=217384#p217384
read 2) If you want vanilla speedstep you have 2 options

thanks. Have to say that I didn't understand everything from your post. It is clear, but my knowledge in such things is not so deep. Anyway, I will do some research, and will try your suggestion.
I have just a question, are there patched bios also for gigabyte motherboards? never heard about them. Anyway if there aren't I'll try the other way.

I think I'll stay on 10.7.3 anyway, but I'll do all these experiments on my experimental hd. If I reach a stable system I'll jump to 10.7.4.

Baoren said:
kounelos said:

thanks. Have to say that I didn't understand everything from your post. It is clear, but my knowledge in such things is not so deep. Anyway, I will do some research, and will try your suggestion.
I have just a question, are there patched bios also for gigabyte motherboards? never heard about them. Anyway if there aren't I'll try the other way.

I think I'll stay on 10.7.3 anyway, but I'll do all these experiments on my experimental hd. If I reach a stable system I'll jump to 10.7.4.

I honestly think it is your SMBIOS, if you want, PM me your SSDT and I can take a look at it for you.

Adam1203 said:
I honestly think it is your SMBIOS, if you want, PM me your SSDT and I can take a look at it for you.

thanks! really appreciated. I'll try in the next days to edit my ssdt properly and then I'll send it to you. Just I can't till saturday, to much work :S I'll try to give it a look during next nights.

Anyway, thanks in advance

Baoren said:
kounelos said:

Do you guys if Mountain Lion needs similar measures?
You do NOT need any pathced bios for gigabyte boards all you need is a proper DSDT and SSDT for your cpu plus the little guide in my post to get more than 2 pstates.
p.s first try to get a successful speedstep with a stock cpu and the work on you overclock.

kounelos said:
Baoren said:
kounelos said:

Do you guys if Mountain Lion needs similar measures?
You do NOT need any pathced bios for gigabyte boards all you need is a proper DSDT and SSDT for your cpu plus the little guide in my post to get more than 2 pstates.
p.s first try to get a successful speedstep with a stock cpu and the work on you overclock.

good suggestion, I'll try this way. 1st a stable system with no overclock, and then work on overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back