Contribute
Register

Some questions about SSDT and overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I used till now is imac 12,2, and unfortunately, with the ssdt inside multibeast, steps went from 1.6 to 4.2. just min and max.

I'd like to try to build a good ssdt for this system definition, like kounelos, since imac 12,2 is the closest system to my own. But if it doesn't work, as I suppose, I'll have to try some other ways. I read of several people having problems with 12,2 system definition.

Baoren said:
what I used till now is imac 12,2, and unfortunately, with the ssdt inside multibeast, steps went from 1.6 to 4.2. just min and max.

I'd like to try to build a good ssdt for this system definition, like kounelos, since imac 12,2 is the closest system to my own. But if it doesn't work, as I suppose, I'll have to try some other ways. I read of several people having problems with 12,2 system definition.

Well i already told you what has to be done in order to get more PStates.
proper SSDT for your CPU if u have it OCed you need to customize and pathced iMac12,2.plist in S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily/Contents/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources.I made a guide for it.

yes, I'll try to follow your guide. But I saw many people complaining that they can't get a ssdt working with imac 12,2 system definition, and I am just afraid that the problem could be system definition, not your method. I am waiting to get a new hd, as it arrives I'll do all the experiments needed.

Baoren said:
yes, I'll try to follow your guide. But I saw many people complaining that they can't get a ssdt working with imac 12,2 system definition, and I am just afraid that the problem could be system definition, not your method. I am waiting to get a new hd, as it arrives I'll do all the experiments needed.

Yes you can't get more than 2 Pstates with 12,2 definition unless you patch it with the stepper or macbookpro8,3.this is why we do it, to keep imac12,2 while having more pstates.
read my guide again.

Adam1203 said:
kounelos said:
MacMini5,3 is not a good idea..Use iMac12,2 or 12,1 with a pacthed stepper as i said before.
To check out if this method will work boot once with macbookpro8.3 and check your Pstates with MSRdumper

He has a Gigabyte board, no need for a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement KEXT.

The iMac12,2 only generates the min/max pstates.

The Macmini5,1 works great, so does the 5,3.

Oh also, Macmini5,1 does recognize the hyperthreading in the i7.

I never said anything about AICPM patching.I said patch the stepper part or imac12,2 or 12,1.plist inside S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily/Contents/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources in order to get more than 2 Pstates.Mac mini definitions is not a good idea at if you are using an external gpu.

kounelos said:
I never said anything about AICPM patching.I said patch the stepper part or imac12,2 or 12,1.plist inside S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily/Contents/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/Contents/Resources in order to get more than 2 Pstates.Mac mini definitions is not a good idea at if you are using an external gpu.

Sorry I misunderstood. I tried to find your guide, but didn't have any luck.

Can you post a link, or elaborate on the patching process for the iMac12,2 definition?

Thanks!

Adam

yes kounelos, you are right, I read again your guide and I guess you are right. I'll try it for sure as new hd comes. Just a question: why to patch imac power management with macbook pro power management and not mac pro 3,1, which seems to work?

Adam1203 said:
kounelos said:

Can you post a link, or elaborate on the patching process for the iMac12,2 definition?

Thanks!

Adam

My Signature

Baoren said:
yes kounelos, you are right, I read again your guide and I guess you are right. I'll try it for sure as new hd comes. Just a question: why to patch imac power management with macbook pro power management and not mac pro 3,1, which seems to work?

Because we need Sandy Bridge support

kounelos said:
Adam1203 said:

Thanks!

Adam

Very cool, thanks for that!

Adam1203 said:
kounelos said:
Adam1203 said:

Thanks!

Adam

Very cool, thanks for that!

@kounelos - that guide to patch is great. thank you for that i dint quite see it at first but i've now patched my iMac 12,2 smbios and have p-states again :)

I really don't understand all the hoopla about the recent discoveries with p & c states and overclocking.

Most people overclock a system and leave it. My system runs at 4.2 from the bios, no EIST. I use the dropSSDT string and it works fine. I have very good cooling (and very low vcore) and I leave it on 24/7 and don't really care if I leave it like that for the next 5 years. (I'll sell it by then anyhow and be building something new). All it's going to do is LOWER my clock frequencies anyhow, & IRDGAF.

Now I assume the real reason for this is to leave your CPU at the stock speed and have it clock the cores up to 4.2 (or whatever you choose) when you need it. Is this what everyone's on about? Do you guys that are messing around with SSDT keep your speeds stock in the bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back