Contribute
Register

Some questions about dual booting and using Intel Smart Response w/Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the advanced tab, where the rest of the SATA ports are listed does it show E1/E2 6Gb/s ports?
and can you set the mode separately from the other z77 SATA ports?
If not listed there, look in Onboard devices section - it might be you can only enable/disable the ports if they are listed there.
I don't have tha manual anymore as it went with the build to its new owner or I would check.

Perfect! So to reiterate; if I install Chimera, from there on, I will have to manually enter the BIOS to boot into my Windows Installation? (I can't set it to boot into Windows first by default anymore?) In a perfect world I'd like to be able to boot into Windows by default (considering it is my primary platform) and use a hotkey on startup to initiate Chimera and then boot into OS X. But with the RAID configuration, it sounds like that isn't possible?

Perfect! So to reiterate; if I install Chimera, from there on, I will have to manually enter the BIOS to boot into my Windows Installation? (I can't set it to boot into Windows first by default anymore?) In a perfect world I'd like to be able to boot into Windows by default (considering it is my primary platform) and use a hotkey on startup to initiate Chimera and then boot into OS X. But with the RAID configuration, it sounds like that isn't possible?

No, you can make the RAID the default and use the hotkey - IIRC it is F8 for that board - to select the OS X drive to boot. If Windows is your primary you probably should do it that way.

No, you can make the RAID the default and use the hotkey - IIRC it is F8 for that board - to select the OS X drive to boot. If Windows is your primary you probably should do it that way.

Excellent! That pretty much answers every question I had. I'm now on my way to having a new Hackintosh! Thanks so much for your help! If I post a showcase of my build, I'll make sure to give you a shoutout. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back